Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

subhajit0606
Journeyman III

High CPU idle temperature for Ryzen 7 3700X in Omen 30L desktop

Hi all,

I am getting CPU idle temperature for stock setting around 65/66C. I have an HP Omen 30L desktop with 16GB 3200 Mhz RAM and RTX 2060. I am attaching the Ryzen master screenshot. 

I want to know if this is normal or I should return this one?

Thank you all in advance!

RyzenMaster_7_3700X_2020-12-07_hp30L.png

0 Likes
7 Replies
Urband86
Journeyman III

First, I would double check with an additional software like HWInfo, just to make sure the readings are the same. If they are, what I would do is check the fan curves and also see if there is anything obstructing airflow.

If the temps are still on the warm side, try remounting the cooler. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, you can check with HP, since this is a prebuilt. I've heard they have a decent tech support service.

0 Likes

Dear Urband86,

Thanks for your comment. I ran HWinfo ad here is the screenshot. I think it is indeed on the higher side.

HWinfo.png

0 Likes

Maybe the heatsink or the fan have problem did you tried other heatsink or fan ? 

Check. The heatsink make sure it tight also check and see if anything heating up in your case or not you might need more fans to the hot air out . 

0 Likes

Hi taskforce131, thank for your comment.

Here is what I did. I updated the chipsets driver for Omen 30L by selecting AM4 socket and B450.

I also opened administrator account to make sure that I am not running anything but Ryzen master (other tools like HWinfo also has same sensor reading). I changed the power plan to AMD Ryzen Balanced and now I have got relatively lower temperature when CPU is idle and I think this is okay (screenshot attached).

Screenshot 2020-12-08 142953.png

Thank you !

0 Likes

I'm having the same problem but I haven't been able to fix it so far... Getting around 55-60~ºC at iddle with spikes up to 72. Tried undervolting and some other things without any success

0 Likes

Hi JuanCG28,

What is your machine specs ? Did you make sure you are measuring it right? Meaning no hidden processes are running somehow ? I figured that I was running docker and hence hypervisor while measuring.

0 Likes

Hello subhajit0606,

Could you checkout my thread? I opened a new one with much more details https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/ryzen-7-3700x-package-95%C2%BAc-under-load-stress-tests/m-p/... . Thanks a lot!

0 Likes