cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

scoots
Journeyman III

High CPU frametimes in certain games (Ryzen 2700x)

PLEASE READ: I have reinstalled windows completely, tried drivers from two months ago, made a registry edit (tdrDelay or something like that), changed nvidia power settings, tried an older gpu, tried a whole different motherboard, 3 different kits of ram at different speeds, reinstalled drivers using DDU, removed gpu overclocks, disabled fullscreen optimization for games, ran windows memory test changed cpu priority of games...I'm definitely missing some things I tried, I just can't remember them all. Overheating is not an issue for both the cpu and gpu , both stay below 70 c. SPECS; Ryzen 7 2700x stock w/xfr, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, Corsair AX 760, G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) (PC4 25600) F4-3200C16D-16GTZR, Asus ROG X470 Gaming F, a kingston 240gb ssd, 1tb hdd and 4 tb hdd. A few weeks ago I decide to upgrade my old 3rd gen i7 pc to a Ryzen 7 system. After booting up and installing drivers, everything seemed fine. I noticed when playing pubg and fortnite the games run very fast, yet it constantly hitches and stutters. If the stutter is strong enough, it seems the nvidia driver hangs and the game crashes. In fortnite, the game log will say something along the lines of "waiting for gpu to catch up (0.5 seconds).

Another game that doesn't exhibit stutter and freezing is Doom 2016, I noticed whenever I change the graphics API (in the in game menu's) from Vulkan to OpenGL the game starts stuttering and running poorly; the statistic in doom that lists CPU frame times in the top right skyrockets. When I change it back to Vulkan the issues completely disappear and the CPU frame times settle and are much closer to the GPU's. Is there something wrong with my OpenGL drivers?

0 Likes
0 Replies