cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sh1ng3n
Journeyman III

Hi, I need help with Ryzen5 2400g.

I got a Gigabyte AB350-DS3H mb with X370 chipset, a pair of Corsail LPX 3000MHZ CL15 8GB RAM, Ryzen 5 2400G. I got a Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb M.2 disk and a Samsung 850 Evo Sata 6 disk too.
My Linux box, whatever distro I choose to install is extremely stable. I'm a Java EE developer and databases and application servers I installed on my Linux partition perfectly operate.

The problem is with Windows 10 professional. I continually run into BSOD with various error codes.
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR.
I tried to install the drivers from Gigabyte support, then I tried to install chipset drivers and apu drivers from AMD, but with the same result. The error code changed from VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (gigabyte chipset and AMD video drivers) to VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (all drivers from AMD).

Anyone resolved this issue before?

Thanks in advance.

Clemente Carlucci

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

sh1ng3n, I assume you have no video card and are using the IGU.  You should get all your drivers from the vendors not your MB vendor.  Please get all your AMD drivers from the AMD Drivers site (Including video-use 'Processors with graphics' in first drop down).  I have not seen any of these errors before.  Please look in your minidump folder (in Windows folder) and if not empty, please compress it and attach here.  Post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thank you for your help.
I again formatted and installed Windows 10 Pro, downloaded and installed drivers from AMD (chipset and video) and a pair of software. While I was using Firefox, a pair of BSOD occurred in sequence. The first was VIDEO_TDR_ERROR and, after rebooting the second reported  VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR.
In the past I had the same error with Edge.

Here my minidump and Ryzen Master screenshot.

pastedImage_2.png

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes

It's worthy of note, however, that I'm experimenting thi issues only with Windows. On the same machine I got a Kubuntu 18.04.2 box with AMDGPU-PRO drivers and it perfectly perform. I tried with other distro too. MX Linux is ok, Fedora is ok...

0 Likes
sh1ng3n
Journeyman III

UPDATE: I tried to uninstall alla AMD drivers with AMD DDU utility and reinstalled X370 chipset drivers and Adrenalin 2020-2 drivers. While working without Adrenalin drivers I didn't experience any crash. The AMD Drivers cause the problem.
Linux is stable. I installed Ubuntu 20.04 too. Linux is simply perfect!!

0 Likes