cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mndtrix
Adept I

Hi, I have just bought a Ryzen 3700X but before opening the box, I was wondering that what if one or more pins come bent or broken out of the box! How do I prove that it wasn't an user error? Will I still get warranty if the said case happen? Asking this

Hi, I have just bought a Ryzen 3700X but before opening the box, I was wondering that what if one or more pins come bent or broken out of the box! How do I prove that it wasn't an user error? Will I still get warranty if the said case happen? Asking this because I just saw a video of a reputed Youtuber whose 3900X came out of the box with 1 or 2 pins bented! I am waiting for my motherboard to arrive in the meantime. Your helpful responses will be much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Take out your cell phone, take a continuous shot video of the sealed box, you opening it, and of the processor inside the plastic holder. The first 30 days of warranty is through the retailer, and many have a policy where product damage must be reported in a certain number of days.

dacq
Adept III

Use a small screwdriver to straighten any bent pins. Renew the paste every 12–18 months. If there are too many bent pins or there are damaged ones you can tell the retailer.

Here is a YouTube video which is showing an unboxing of a AMD Rzyen 7 3700X. Seems like all Ryzen CPU comes in the same clear Plastic enclosure from other YouTube unboxing videos.

The CPU Pins can clearly be seen without opening the Clear Plastic enclosure. If you see any bent or broken pins then you can take photos of it and send it back with the Plastic clear enclosure still sealed shut.

Here is the video showing this: Unboxing The AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor! - YouTube 

Seems like AMD purposely packaged the CPU in that particular clear plastic enclosure so that the purchaser can physically check out the processor before opening the enclosure for damage. Just my opinion.

Thanks a lot...

0 Likes