Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

CrazyOG
Adept I

Re: Help! No post with Aorus Ultra x570 and to 3900x

Jump to solution

Forgot to ask, and this board you got, it will run not only my current 3900x but it's future proof at least through the 5xxx series, correct?

0 Likes
bodasactra
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yes, your board supports 5000 series but the upgrade path is one gen limited as the next gen AMD is expected on a new platform. Going from a very powerful 3900X to an equally powerful, but slightly faster, 5900X will have limited noticeable impact on your current experience unless you do specific workload tasks to make money and getting done a little faster matters. Generally a one gen upgrade in CPU speed matters little unless additional cores are needed for multi-tasking, content creation, rendering, etc..

That board has dual BOIS backup, why not revert to the original good BIOS using that before an RMA? You should easily be able to find instructions on resetting the original BIOS from the onboard backup BIOS chip. Messing up a BIOS update is so common most boards have the dual BIOS fail safe these days.

Good luck.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Yes, it will run the 5000 series CPU Processors.

It is the same as the more expensive Asus Hero VIII WiFi.

Here is a good  review from TechPowerUp website on the Pro Motherboard: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-tuf-gaming-x570-pro-wifi/ and from Tom's Hardware: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-tuf-gaming-x570-pro

Asus’ TUF Gaming X570-Pro WiFi is one of the cheaper X570 options available, giving it an early edge as it vies for a spot on our best motherboards list. At $219.99, the board includes a capable VRM that handled our power-hungry AMD Ryzen 9 5950X at stock speeds and while overclocked. In our testing suite, the board performed OK, on average running slightly slower than the other boards, though there were few significant outliers on either side of average.

From TechPowerUp Review:

The ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro (WiFi) did extremely well in my VRM torture test, with the hotter probe maxing out at around 65 °C. While the lack of a heatpipe between the two VRM heatsinks leads to a larger than normal delta between the two probes, both readings are easily within component tolerances.

There should be no doubt that this board can handle anything AMD has to offer.

0 Likes
CrazyOG
Adept I

Jump to solution

Okay, this was some truly awesome info.

I thought I might be able to try the BIOS reset but couldn't seem to find any info on it.

Can you please maybe give me some clues as to where and how to do such a thing?

Thanks

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

I was looking at your Aorus Manual and couldn't find anywhere to run manually the Dual BIOS on your motherboard. From what I read the backup BIOS on your Motherboard runs only when it detects that the current BIOS is corrupted. When you reboot it will automatically run the Backup BIOS on your Dual BIOS motherboard.

But normally, I believe, the Backup BIOS is the Original Motherboard BIOS version that came with the motherboard. So if the Backup BIOS doesn't support your Processor you will need to update the regular BIOS version.

From Aorus Special Features PDF:

Screenshot 2021-04-21 073647.png

Gigabyte does have a very recent BIOS update: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Screenshot 2021-04-21 073647.png

Your Motherboard has Q-FLASH Plus which is the same as Asus BIOS FLASHBACK button on Asus Motherboards.

0 Likes
CrazyOG
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yeah, I seen all those BIOS updates but to be honest, I could never really tell which one I was supposed to use?

I mean they don't exactly explain any of that there.

And if you follow the video tutorial they have, it of course doesn't tell you ether.

And the video tells you to actually delete all but the one file and then to rename it.

None of this makes sense.

Why don't they just give it the right name in the first place?

And am I supposed to first do something with the files on another computer using the exe and bat files or something else or what.

None of these things are made clear.

I know I was told to read the readme file, but again, I can't make heads or tails of it.

Thanks BTW, the help here has been ten trillion times better than the so called help I got from Gigabyte so called support person.

0 Likes
bodasactra
Adept I

Jump to solution

There should be a CMOS reset on the board. It is two pins that look like fan pins. Usually they are on the lower right side of the mobo. You will need a metal object like a flat head screwdriver or a coin to touch both at the same time. When you are ready to do this:

Turn off the system, then unplug the power supply. Then push and hold the power button on the case until you see the fans spin a sec or the RGB to flash a sec. They may not do anything but push and hold it down a few seconds anyway. This drains all power from the board. Then touch the two pins at the same time with the metal object. If for any reason you cant find the pins you can take out the round battery that looks like a quarter instead and then put it back in. This should reset to a good BIOS. Power back up ad you should have a fresh original BIOS.

0 Likes
bodasactra
Adept I

Jump to solution

Updating BIOS should not be done unless your totally secure doing it. It may take you some research time to learn for certain.

Doing what I say here is at your own risk. Otherwise, seek outside help. This is the number one reason boards go to RMA.

I always use the latest BIOS out and that is the norm but only if you need to. Some BIOS are for specific issues that may not include something your system needs so read up on what the new BIOS is for. If you don't need anything in it it why risk update from a perfectly working BIOS?The file to use should be the only one in the folder to have the BIOS number as the file type on it. I believe the latest BIOS is F51a for Gigabyte at this time and it should look something like this:

X570AOPW.F51

Notice the file type is the BIOS number. 

The other files will be .exe or .BAT or some other type.

I have always done my BIOS updates in Windows using the Gigabyte @BIOS app in Gigabyte App center. Not sure if that is an option for you but if it is just make sure you unzip the BIOS download before you use the file I have shown above in the @BIOS app.

elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

@bodasactra  Actually updating BIOS via Windows is probably the most risky way of updating.

The reason why is that too many things can go wrong, like the computer freezing or crashing or interrupting the BIOS update. Granted doing the BIOS update via Windows is the easiest way but also, in my opinion, the riskiest way of updating BIOS.

Best method is using the Motherboard's Q-Flash Plus and second method is using Q-Flash.  Less chance of the computer interrupting the BIOS update.

0 Likes
bodasactra
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yes, it s the most risky. That said, I have done all my BIOS updates in Windows for near15 years and never once had a failure. Must have been near 50-60 BIOS updates not one problem.

0 Likes