Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

CrazyOG
Adept II

Help! No post with Aorus Ultra x570 and to 3900x

Jump to solution

Just like the title says, and I keep trying to get ANY KIND of BIOS to just work, or for that matter to at least act like it's being installed.

I keep thinking I'm just really stupid and am missing something, like maybe not doing it right or using the wrong bios or something else.

The lame videos out there always just skim through this tricky part and just tell you to update BUT NEVER actually say which thing to update.

They make out like you just go to the mobo site and download the BIOS file and simply install using the little button on the board.

But then when you get to the mobo site there is like a dozen or so bios updates.

I find myself just guessing from that point on.

AND the tutorials always show them using just ONE file, yet the bios zip always comes with like 3-4 files in them.

If you aren't supposed to use them other files then why are they there?

None of this makes sense and I'm still sitting here with all my killer new system and not being able to use it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CrazyOG
Adept II

Re: Help! No post with Aorus Ultra x570 and to 3900x

Jump to solution

OHHHH!¡!!;!!!;;;!!!!

HOLY MOLY!!!!

I just moved the card to the other slot and all of a sudden I see the screen pop up and doing something!!!

It's telling me to NOT turn the power off and is somehow doing a BIOS update.

Must of stored the BIOS stuff in the board some how.

Wow!!! 👍👍👍👍👍😁😁😁😁

You all can take a look at the BIOS as it stands right now and if you have any thoughts please feel free to let me know.

Image Link bellow: (soon to come)

https://mega.nz/file/xpIXECqC#LFvAjtZMg03Sly7nqLLPw7qfooYFryZ_j1D7VDPkvI4

https://mega.nz/file/cpY1ESAQ#fLNnLXiOkOFf13Kr69IkNHA1IO4pjOViuZt1XFmlTpc

AN UPDATE ON THINGS:

So was up in the middle of the night, but got the OS installed and am in the process of updating everything as well as getting a few basic apps installed.

Then I can just put it all in and be done.

I'll be sure to post a final image of my awesome new system.

Thanks again for everything guys.

View solution in original post

38 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

No need to update the BIOS at this time since according to Gigabyte Support CPU SUPPORT LIST the original first BIOS version for your Motherboard supports the 3900X Processor which was F3: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-10/support#support-cpu

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12C/24T 3.8GHz / 4.6GHz 6MB 64MB N/A Matisse 7nm B0 105W F3

So your processor should work on your motherboard out of the box.

What Motherboard Trouble LEDs or Digital Codes are showing?

When you power up the computer is the HDD/SDD LED light, in front of your computer case, flickering or on steady all the time? If it is it indicates the computer is booting into Windows but without Video Output.

How is your Monitor connected to the Computer?  To the GPU Card or to the Motherboard?

If it is connected to the Motherboard Video Output you won't have any Video Output during post since your processor isn't a APU or processor with Integrated Graphics installed.

So your monitor must be connected to the GPU card in your computer.

NOTE: The BIOS Download does come with more then one file. But generally one file is to convert the BIOS Version to work and be recognized by the motherboard.

I download the latest BIOS version for your Motherboard and extracted it using 7-Zip:

Screenshot 2021-03-24 172051.png

The file with the check mark is the actual BIOS file to install. The EFIFLASH.exe is the program used to install and update the BIOS.

You need to read the README.TXT to see what procedure you need to prepare the BIOS to be installed and updated on your motherboard.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution

Try Gigabyte support and start an RMA now. 
You are likely in for a bad experience though.
I would not go near Gigabyte for anything. 

Which revision of the Motherboard do you have? 
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-10#kf

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-11-12#kf

Try a different CPU in the motherboard if you can. 
Buy an Asus motherboard instead.
Good Luck. 

0 Likes
CrazyOG
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hey thanks for replying, I was really concerned I might have to wait a long time for an answer.

Basically, yes I know about most of what you mentioned, i.e. I know I need a graphics card and I, at the moment, only have my old card which is an old nvidia card but it should work just fine for now.

The sad thing was I never found out about that the board came CPU ready till I had already started to try BIOS updates.

So not sure if I ruined things now or not, though I don't see how, since you should be able to install what ever update you want as many times as you want in theory.

I currently don't have any OS installed cuz it's a new nvme card and I assumed I would be able to do like normal and just install once the thing got going, but maybe I'm wrong on that?

I am connected to my monitor via the HDMI port from the card, not the board as I am aware that this CPU does not have APU.

The only lights I see are the CPU light and it isn't blinking just stays on red.

Only once have I ever managed to see the qflash light ever come on while trying to get a bios to install and it only blinked for maybe 5 or so seconds.

I do the renaming deal they tell you to do, to GIGABYTE.BIN and I've read the little text file.

I haven't noticed any light at all for a HDD but maybe I just didn't think to thoroughly check my front panel lights, but I will now.

The front panel power button used to be able to turn OFF the power when I started things but now can only turn things on, not off.

While in the early goings I originally ONLY seen the VGA LED light on and not the CPU light.

But once I got the graphics card in then things changed to only showing the CPU light on.

I don't think it was anything to do with the card but me updating the bios thinking I was supposed to.

I have to say, they sure do leave a lot to your imagination about what to do on that site.

P.S. When I did actually see the BIOS light come on, was when I decided to first press the qflash button and while holding it down I THEN powered up the system.

0 Likes
CrazyOG
Adept II

Jump to solution

BTW, there wasn't any text file to read with the f3 file, so that was why I was just guessing on things.

I'm on rev. 1.1 is what it says on the mobo.

As for Gigabyte, I thought it was a good choice since it's what I had several years ago until I went to an EVGA motherboard, which was awesome but they don't do AMD. But my old Gigabyte mobo was truly a great board and really flawless and in fact what was my base guide for my EVGA board.

So I "thought" they would still be a great board, but wow, I never had any of these issues whatsoever.

Guess I'll be calling Amazon today for a refund.

Uhg, and I had everything sooooo nice and setup clean and tidy and all.

Okay well thanks for the help, I'll be sure to come back here with whatever I do that gets this working.

colesdav
MVP

Jump to solution
0 Likes
CrazyOG
Adept II

Jump to solution

Yeah I've reviewed that video, doesn't much help though for my problems.

I am working on some other solutions and I will for sure get back here to update.

I had bad thoughts it might actually be the RAM, I took it to a shop and he came back with the same thoughts and someone else I trust for this kind of knowledge also had the same thoughts.

I bought 3600 RAM and nothing says it supports that.

It DOES however say it will support 3200 RAM and this is what the CPU also claims it uses.

So new RAM comes in tomorrow and we'll all find out then.

Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
CrazyOG
Adept II

Jump to solution

So, gonna return to Amazon, which is a lot easier to do then a RMA.

So I have to go with Asus?

MSI is no good too?

Most of the Asus boards I'm looking at for the same budget look really ugly to me or too much chrome on them.

Or none of the boards I'm looking at seem to have as many nice features as the Gigabyte board does.

That's what really annoys me too.

Thanks

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

I purchased the Asus TUF GAMING X570 Pro (WiFi - $220.00) and going by the specs between the Gigabyte Aorus and Asus I believe the Asus has comparable specs but Gigabyte might have a more powerful VRM and maybe some more features though: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-X570-PRO-WI-FI/te...

My Asus has the following specs:

1- 8 SATA PORTS

2-BIOS FLASHBACK button (No CPU needed to update BIOS)

3-WiFi and Bluetooth

4-Supports the latest 5000 Series CPUs

5-4 PCIe Slots

This board came out In September of 2020.

Just thought I give my Asus motherboard a little advertisement since you mentioned about getting a Asus Motherboard.

0 Likes
CrazyOG
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hey, thanks trillions, and I have started the return process.

So maybe by the end of the month I can have my new stuff.

And yes, that actually is one of the boards on my list.

Now that I have to wait, it gives me some time to mull things over more.