cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Alcohero
Adept I

Re: Help Just upgraded from Ryzen 1600 to 3700X and I'm stuck in a boot loop

I'm not saying my motherboard is great, but it has 8pin power for the CPU. You said, I quote "Because you're using a B350, which is totally unheard of supporting any Ryzen 3000..." so I sent you that link. It's B350 motherboard. It's not mine, but it clearly is a B350.

I tried different ram from my friend, one stick G.SKILL F4-3000C16-8GISB, which should be supported. Tried 1 stick at the time of my ram. Always in A2, and A2+B2 if 2 sticks.

pokester
MVP

@oRaNge___ wrote:

Dear mr. John please read the post completely next time, he said he installed a fresh copy of Windows, and 550W PSU is more then enough to support this kind of a system.

Good luck and enjoy, Jake.

Yes a 550w is fine. 

The 3700x is a 65w processor it doesn't get lower until you get to mobile chips. 

0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Ok, try OC'ing the RAM to 3200. Use the values in this photo. Use the lower tRFC number. Also, did you try maxing the juice under advanced to "motherboard limit"?3700x boot.png

"It worked before you broke it!"
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Since we're correcting everyone. I wouldn't use less than a 650W Bronze for many factors. Common sense is one. After running a PSU calculator on his config, it came up as about 378W minimum. The GPU pulls some juice and to account for the unforeseen events, like sudden spikes or just future expansion without worries, why on any desktop use less than that spec? The PSU is the lifeline of the system aside from the board itself, never go weak or bare minimum. Besides what brand is it? What rating? How many 12v rails? What's the PCIE Amp rating? Better be 43A at least. My 3600X says 95W but in HWiNfO it pulls 107W under Prime 95 for a bit before it calms down. Point is, never skimp on a PSU.

pokester
MVP

Did the OP ever talk to the maker of the ram they have. Even if the board doesn't have it on their QVL that doesn't mean it can't support the memory. It only means it may not set the correct timings.

Make sure the memory is in the right slots on the board and ask Kingston for what the manual timings and voltage should be at 2400 . 

Then set the timings and voltage manually. 

Alcohero
Adept I

I just tried those numbers, all I got were 3 beeps (for memory error) and I couldn't get to the bios with both sticks, just one. I never changed anything in advanced options.

0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner

@pokester ahh, not reading what I posted. I gave OP the correct timings for taking that RAM to 3200 just to see if it boots. Op claims to have gotten it to reinstall Windows with a sluggish mouse. Now Op says constant reboots. He tried another stick of RAM. QVL is a non-factor since the CPU is a different architecture the the 1600. The RAM now needs to be compatible with the CPU, because that's where the memory controller is. The BIOS could be the entire issue as OP pointed out a video to an AsRock B350 able to run a 3000 series. So no matter how anyone looks at it, RAM and it being on the QVL just went out the window.

0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Try the DOCP and go in advanced to set the motherboard max, see what happens.

0 Kudos
Alcohero
Adept I

Change what exactly in advanced options?

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

@mackbolan777 wrote:

@pokester ahh, not reading what I posted. I gave OP the correct timings for taking that RAM to 3200 just to see if it boots. Op claims to have gotten it to reinstall Windows with a sluggish mouse. Now Op says constant reboots. He tried another stick of RAM. QVL is a non-factor since the CPU is a different architecture the the 1600. The RAM now needs to be compatible with the CPU, because that's where the memory controller is. The BIOS could be the entire issue as OP pointed out a video to an AsRock B350 able to run a 3000 series. So no matter how anyone looks at it, RAM and it being on the QVL just went out the window.

Nope I read exactly what you said.

You apparently didn't read or check the stats on his ram. Or chose to ignore them?  The ram is 2400 not 3200. I would get the specs for the timings and voltage from the manufacture.

I would not ever recommend the OP overclock their ram before it even runs correctly at speeds it is supposed to support.

Setting DOCP is great if the ram is on the QVL. If it is not, it possible will not set the right timings. 

Dram calculator is just a tool to guess at possible ram speeds. Something the OP is fine to play with once they are stable at normal speeds.  The speeds calculated from it may or may not work. They are not the right speeds unless they match what the manufacturer says they are.

It is fine if you think the advice you gave is correct. I just would never recommend deviating from default speeds until that at least works.

The OP can try whatever advice the choose to.