cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

JustBuildIt
Adept I

Help ID AMD Ryzen 7 3700x Defective Chip??

Somebody HELP Please!! ! I tried the contact form and got server side error....REALLY??? Posted on the facebook page and messenger and was ignored.

I brought an AMD Ryzen 7 3700x from Best Buy. It looks different than the others I've seen. The chip has no cutout square in the middle. It does not flush into any motherboards. Is this a production defect or did best buy sell me a counterfeit? The 2 pictures are the front and back of the processor. The last one is what all the other 3700x  looks like that I've looked at online.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Send it back to BestBuy. AMD won't help this. It's a AM3+ CPU (FX8350?) or something not a Ryzen. Not on the bottom anyway. Someone switched the lids on the die. I can see that from the top view. Messed up. Besides it has bent pins too, but that's not the issue.

"It worked before you broke it!"

View solution in original post

Shame on them! But they're not experts and apparently someone ripped them off by swapping lids. I had to be sure, so I searched on Ebay for every Ryzen and than the 939's finally ID'd it as an FX series or AM3+.  Shows how well they look at returns, very scary. Now if it was indeed a good say FX 8350-70, and you could prove it, well they sell for a good buck still! lmao! Just a joke, still not even close to what a 3700X costs. Unless I'm buying used, I always want one that comes in a sealed box.

"It worked before you broke it!"

View solution in original post

16 Replies