Gtx 1660ti

Aorus B450M bios F51

RAM 2x8 Patriot Viper RGB 3200

PSU Corsair cx650w bronze

Watercooler master liquid v2 240mm

1SSD 1TB / 1HDD 1TB

I have some questions

1- which voltage is safe for this CPU? 

2- if i let " core performance boost" on,my cpu get 1.45v on desktop with only discord open,on games i see around 1.3v~1.38v some spikes to 1.415v is this ok? I mean in desktop with low cpu load what is the range? In game with cpu on load what voltage is ok?

3- with boost on,my cpu have constant temperature spykes around 10°C, this is safe or can degrade cpu faster ? Temps are around 35 and jump to 45 every idk 5-10seconds i know temps is ok i just mean if this spykes are okay,on my research i found is a common thing with boost on but i wanna know if this can degrade cpu quickly

4- with boost off cpu have Constant clock lock at 3600 and voltage 1.1v on desktop this are dangerous to cpu? With boost off temperature spykes is gone

5- boost off if i set clock to an example 4.0 is considerated a overcloock? If is why? I lost warranty doing this even if clocks are around 3600 - 4200 (4200 is the max boost) just want to know

6- Most of time i'm playing,with boost the clocks are on constant oscilation even with low temps this can cause a performance lost?

7- boost cause warranty lost? 

0 Likes
1 Reply
fyrel
Miniboss

1. Anything the CPU sets by default is safe. 
  2. You worry too much leave the voltage alone.
  3. The spikes are just the CPU boosting individual cores, normal behavior and nothing to worry about.
  4. Turning off boost is perfectly safe but limits performance.
  5. Yes it's an overclock because your running all cores above baseline all the time. While technically it does void the warranty, you don't need to admit to any overclock if you ever have to return a CPU.
  6. The CPU is cycling which cores are boosting to max to spread heat load. Normal behavior and nothing to worry about. It's improving performance by doing this.
  7. Boost does not void warranty.