cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

amd_pl
Adept I

[HELP!!!]AMD Ryzen 7 3750H fan turns on constantly at rest even when surfing the internet

I bought the HP Pavilion Gaming 15 - 15ec0010nw model withi ryzen 7, 32 bg ram, 1660ti and two ssd disks

spec1.png

From time to time, the fan CPU  start by itself, even at rest or in small actions.I work around a few mimnut, even 10. It turns off and again start the same after a short time

(fan1 picture)fan1.png

I instalend AMD RADEON SOFTWARE but I dont see fan option.  CPU advisore are gray

cpu_option_gray.png 

I instaled HP Software CoolSense but it did not hep 

This is very annoying. How can I control the fan on this laptop? - What I can do. Please help!    

0 Likes
24 Replies
amd_pl
Adept I

additional info 

GPU_AMD.png

0 Likes

Es exactamente lo que me pasa ahora mismo
¿Encontraste solucion?

0 Likes
atmosphere
Challenger

Ok, first of all: fan-controll is in the hands of the OS, BIOS and drivers. The Fan might be set to always on in BIOS.

You could try to install GPU-Z to see both Gfx-chips and look at there temperature. Maybe the NV chip is doing something.

If both are near idle (Lets say 15% load or less) and CPU temp&GFX temps are low, than the fan should not have to be at 100% all the time...

And you have a nice machine, which also has an Dedicated GFX-card (1660ti) so you have a lot of component to cool.

Please check temp and load for the GPU’s and CPU.. if there is high usage, something is running and well that would be the reason. If the temps and load stay low (keep taskmanager open), then it might just be a BIOS setting or BIOS bug. You could check the HP site if they provide a newer BIOS.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask..

0 Likes

Ow... please do NOT use 3th-party tools except from HP to stop or slow the Fan... it might damage the system!

Because it is a mobile platform, it needs cooling.. too much power in so little space...

Your laptop has just one cooling soluties for all component.. maybe two fans but the cool the same block.

Check bios (fan always on option) and check cooling policy in Windows powermanagment (under advanced Power options)

0 Likes

You talk about HP CoolSense? I deinstal it now. 

0 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the logs..

Your system is quite toasty, even when in idle..

Especially the 1660ti temp doesnt make sense.

I'll look into the logs when i get home.

Are you using the later bios from HP?!?

Starting to think it might be an bad cooler mount, or bios issue.

I'll let you know when i have taken a good look at the logs.

0 Likes

Thenks!

Today I will be test the chrome option I tun off acceleration chrome 

0 Likes

Cool... should matter that much, but doesnt hurt testing .. but when switching to NV graphics does does it still do 100% fan? 

Do you have the amd drivers from the hp site installed? Could you try those.. sometimes they are tuned with bios of the machine in mind, so if you could try those?

0 Likes

I have disabled the option in chrome  "Use hardware acceleration when available"

I started using Microsoft Edge - but the fan turns on again and again. I use MS Eage and Brave (the same situation) 

My BIOS version  SMBIOSBIOS Version F.05

New logs from Radeon and Ninvidia. Old are only from Radeon 

Gofile 

0 Likes

Again the fan turned on and worked 15-20 minutes and now silence. In a few minutes it will start moving again and again. It works even if I do nothing on the computer

I screen GPU and CPU an log . Here is:

amd1.gif

amd_sensor.gif

amd_sensor2.gif

N_1.gif

N_sensor.gif

N_sensor2.gif

cpu1.png

0 Likes

and I add log. I thiink it is abnormal 

log file :https://gofile.io/?c=mMMuW4 

0 Likes

I checked the .._true log-file. Your CPU is quite hot, what is running in the background? 

Also the GPU voltage also spikes at times, but no visible load which seems a BIOS issue to me.

Could you post your bios version.. 

0 Likes

I have disabled the option in chrome  "Use hardware acceleration when available"

I started using Microsoft Edge - but the fan turns on again and again. I use MS Eage and Brave (the same situation) 

My BIOS version  SMBIOSBIOS Version F.05

New logs from Radeon and Ninvidia. Old are only from Radeon 

Gofile 

0 Likes

The log of NV temps tells that with just a little bit of activist the temp rises quickly..

Maybe open a warranty case with HP support.

Imho your machine gets to hot to quickly.. and i think of is the cooler itself.. 

All of the components seem to go up very quickly in temp, no matter what gfx you are using.. and or seems to bleed heat to the other components as well. 

So its a good thing the fan kicks on ... but it kicks on to much, and or should do a beter job cooling at that load. 

I would open a case with HP of of was nu machine, and i'm afraid so should you.

Sorry, but i dont think its an easy fix in software.

0 Likes

I noticed that the battery was running smoothly, see Gofile 

Connecting the charger the load level and temperature jumped After disconnecting the power supply, it suddenly began to calm down  see Gofile 

It's normal ? 

What should I change in the advanced battery options as part of testing?

0 Likes

Go to into system BIOS and find the "Fan Always on when A/C Power," option. DISABLE it and save and exit.

I mentioned it in a post earlier, but i think you missed that one.

Still think it gets quick but of i doesnt go over 80 degrees for a long time its ok.

0 Likes
atmosphere
Challenger

Check HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly (Windows) | HP® Customer Support 

It shows how to setup Windows power management, might reduce fan usage to.

0 Likes

Also check upgrade bios section, because that may also help out reducing the fan speed when its running.

0 Likes

The option was and still is disable

IMG_20200306_215832.jpg

Bios is the latest

I don't see the Power Saver option - I will try to find it somewhere

Is it possible that the charger is broken?

No, its Windows power managment, bios or a bad cooler mount in that case.

You could try the chipset and graphics drivers from the HP site,.. it will be a bit older and might have some other issues but if it fixes the fan, we at least will know the origin of the issue.

1st: check Windows power management cooling option

2nd: try the gfx drivers for APU first

3rd: if needed update the Nvidia driver.. test again...

we are narrowing it down, so thats a good thing.

(And sorry for assuming you didnt check bios for a sec, but usually its the bios setting when it happens with the charger plugged in)

0 Likes

1. I set energy saving
2. I have downloaded the latest Radeon and Ninvidia drivers

The fan is still not howling (only once in a while)

But:
1. The temperature is still normal during net and YouTube checking around 47-50 degrees

Log:Gofile  

new_soft_test.png

new_soft_test2.png

2. As part of the tests, I started the old borderlands 1 game of year
here the load and warmth is massacre, interestingly Ninvidia walks calmly and Radeon on the mask.

How to set the load more on ninvidie?

Log: Gofile 

game1.png

game2.png

I think the solution will be to replace the laptop because about 50 degrees at rest is a mascara ? 

0 Likes

Actually, those shot look good... even under some moderate load it does not get hot. 

The NV card is 51’C which is high but all components are about the same.. 

But in the shot, speedfan, .. Automatic fan speed isnt switched on.. 

Maybe thats why it goes full speed when it goes over 50’C

as for temps, i would say more than 80’c would be bad.. 50’C idle seems high, but when under load thats actually no that bad.. 

0 Likes

would you exchange it for another copy or a completely different model laptop? turning on the fans and heating while watching youtube is annoying

0 Likes