cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

atmosphere
Adept III

Re: [HELP!!!]AMD Ryzen 7 3750H fan  turns on constantly at rest even when surfing the internet

Cool... should matter that much, but doesnt hurt testing .. but when switching to NV graphics does does it still do 100% fan? 

Do you have the amd drivers from the hp site installed? Could you try those.. sometimes they are tuned with bios of the machine in mind, so if you could try those?

0 Likes
atmosphere
Adept III

Re: [HELP!!!]AMD Ryzen 7 3750H fan  turns on constantly at rest even when surfing the internet

I checked the .._true log-file. Your CPU is quite hot, what is running in the background? 

Also the GPU voltage also spikes at times, but no visible load which seems a BIOS issue to me.

Could you post your bios version.. 

0 Likes
amd_pl
Adept I

Re: [HELP!!!]AMD Ryzen 7 3750H fan turns on constantly at rest even when surfing the internet

I have disabled the option in chrome  "Use hardware acceleration when available"

I started using Microsoft Edge - but the fan turns on again and again. I use MS Eage and Brave (the same situation) 

My BIOS version  SMBIOSBIOS Version F.05

New logs from Radeon and Ninvidia. Old are only from Radeon 

Gofile 

0 Likes
atmosphere
Adept III

The log of NV temps tells that with just a little bit of activist the temp rises quickly..

Maybe open a warranty case with HP support.

Imho your machine gets to hot to quickly.. and i think of is the cooler itself.. 

All of the components seem to go up very quickly in temp, no matter what gfx you are using.. and or seems to bleed heat to the other components as well. 

So its a good thing the fan kicks on ... but it kicks on to much, and or should do a beter job cooling at that load. 

I would open a case with HP of of was nu machine, and i'm afraid so should you.

Sorry, but i dont think its an easy fix in software.

0 Likes
amd_pl
Adept I

I noticed that the battery was running smoothly, see Gofile 

Connecting the charger the load level and temperature jumped After disconnecting the power supply, it suddenly began to calm down  see Gofile 

It's normal ? 

What should I change in the advanced battery options as part of testing?

0 Likes
atmosphere
Adept III

Go to into system BIOS and find the "Fan Always on when A/C Power," option. DISABLE it and save and exit.

I mentioned it in a post earlier, but i think you missed that one.

Still think it gets quick but of i doesnt go over 80 degrees for a long time its ok.

0 Likes
atmosphere
Adept III

Check HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly (Windows) | HP® Customer Support 

It shows how to setup Windows power management, might reduce fan usage to.

0 Likes
atmosphere
Adept III

Also check upgrade bios section, because that may also help out reducing the fan speed when its running.

0 Likes
atmosphere
Adept III

0 Likes
amd_pl
Adept I

Re: [HELP!!!]AMD Ryzen 7 3750H fan turns on constantly at rest even when surfing the internet

The option was and still is disable

IMG_20200306_215832.jpg

Bios is the latest

I don't see the Power Saver option - I will try to find it somewhere

Is it possible that the charger is broken?