cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

amd_pl
Adept I

[HELP!!!]AMD Ryzen 7 3750H fan turns on constantly at rest even when surfing the internet

I bought the HP Pavilion Gaming 15 - 15ec0010nw model withi ryzen 7, 32 bg ram, 1660ti and two ssd disks

spec1.png

From time to time, the fan CPU  start by itself, even at rest or in small actions.I work around a few mimnut, even 10. It turns off and again start the same after a short time

(fan1 picture)fan1.png

I instalend AMD RADEON SOFTWARE but I dont see fan option.  CPU advisore are gray

cpu_option_gray.png 

I instaled HP Software CoolSense but it did not hep 

This is very annoying. How can I control the fan on this laptop? - What I can do. Please help!    

0 Likes
24 Replies
amd_pl
Adept I

Re: [HELP!!!]AMD Ryzen 7 3750H fan turns on constantly at rest even when surfing the internet

additional info 

GPU_AMD.png

0 Likes
atmosphere
Adept III

Re: [HELP!!!]AMD Ryzen 7 3750H fan turns on constantly at rest even when surfing the internet

Ok, first of all: fan-controll is in the hands of the OS, BIOS and drivers. The Fan might be set to always on in BIOS.

You could try to install GPU-Z to see both Gfx-chips and look at there temperature. Maybe the NV chip is doing something.

If both are near idle (Lets say 15% load or less) and CPU temp&GFX temps are low, than the fan should not have to be at 100% all the time...

And you have a nice machine, which also has an Dedicated GFX-card (1660ti) so you have a lot of component to cool.

Please check temp and load for the GPU’s and CPU.. if there is high usage, something is running and well that would be the reason. If the temps and load stay low (keep taskmanager open), then it might just be a BIOS setting or BIOS bug. You could check the HP site if they provide a newer BIOS.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask..

0 Likes
atmosphere
Adept III

Ow... please do NOT use 3th-party tools except from HP to stop or slow the Fan... it might damage the system!

Because it is a mobile platform, it needs cooling.. too much power in so little space...

Your laptop has just one cooling soluties for all component.. maybe two fans but the cool the same block.

Check bios (fan always on option) and check cooling policy in Windows powermanagment (under advanced Power options)

0 Likes
amd_pl
Adept I

You talk about HP CoolSense? I deinstal it now. 

0 Likes
amd_pl
Adept I

Again the fan turned on and worked 15-20 minutes and now silence. In a few minutes it will start moving again and again. It works even if I do nothing on the computer

I screen GPU and CPU an log . Here is:

amd1.gif

amd_sensor.gif

amd_sensor2.gif

N_1.gif

N_sensor.gif

N_sensor2.gif

cpu1.png

0 Likes
amd_pl
Adept I

and I add log. I thiink it is abnormal 

log file :https://gofile.io/?c=mMMuW4 

0 Likes
atmosphere
Adept III

Re: [HELP!!!]AMD Ryzen 7 3750H fan  turns on constantly at rest even when surfing the internet

Awesome, thanks for the logs..

Your system is quite toasty, even when in idle..

Especially the 1660ti temp doesnt make sense.

I'll look into the logs when i get home.

Are you using the later bios from HP?!?

Starting to think it might be an bad cooler mount, or bios issue.

I'll let you know when i have taken a good look at the logs.

0 Likes
amd_pl
Adept I

Re: [HELP!!!]AMD Ryzen 7 3750H fan  turns on constantly at rest even when surfing the internet

Thenks!

Today I will be test the chrome option I tun off acceleration chrome 

0 Likes
amd_pl
Adept I

I have disabled the option in chrome  "Use hardware acceleration when available"

I started using Microsoft Edge - but the fan turns on again and again. I use MS Eage and Brave (the same situation) 

My BIOS version  SMBIOSBIOS Version F.05

New logs from Radeon and Ninvidia. Old are only from Radeon 

Gofile 

0 Likes