cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

yarsik2003
Journeyman III

Help AMD OverDrive does not find the processor!

I downloaded AMD OverDrive. On my computer there is a processor FX-6300.AMD OverDrive writes an error.

0 Likes
4 Replies
gfanini
Adept II

is it possible to update AMD overdrive to enable clock/voltage/fan settings on A9-9420 cpu ?

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

yarsik2003, the message said it could not find the "Chip Set" not the "Processor".  What chip set do you have and what chip set(s) does OverDrive support?  Do you have the latest AMD chip set drivers installed, DLed from the AMD Driver website?  If not, please do!  Please post your system specifications.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

yes, @misterj is correct. I see the same thing. It seems like you installed the wrong CHIPSET for your computer.

If your computer is a DESKTOP than go to the motherboard's manufacturer Support site for your motherboard Driver downloads and download the CHIPSET for the version of Windows you are running.

If it is a laptop, then go to the laptop's manufacturer's Support site and download the correct CHIPSET for your laptop and possibly update all the newer drivers and BIOS on your laptop if applicable.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

yarsik2003, as I said above, please get your AMD drivers from AMD not the MB vendor.  The vendor's tend to be down level.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes