Processors

TheOneTrueSpLiT
Journeyman III

HELP - 3900X and MSI B550M PRO-VHD WIFI Compatible Memory

Help!

I am building a PC using:

CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900X
MOBO: MSI B550M PRO-VHD WIFI

I am looking for advice, help and suggestions for what memory to use, ideally packs of 2x8GB and 3200 or 3600MHz.

I have tried to cross-reference the AMD list of Ryzen Compatible Memory (https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-compatible-memory/ready-for-amd-ryzen) with the MSI list of Compatible Memory (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B550M-PRO-VDH-WIFI#support-mem-19) and I have been at it for 4 hours now and have had no luck getting specific Part Numbers from AMD and MSI to match.

Has anyone got a system using the same CPU and Motherboard who can give me the Serial/Part Numbers of the memory you are using???

If nobody has any useful response I am thinking of trying to export and convert both AMD and MSI's lists of compatible memory and write a SQL query to find all the matches, so someone please save me from this nightmare of a task, my stroke-ridden brain is shutting down just thinking about it!!! 

TIA
Guy

0 Likes
3 Replies

AMD Ryzen compatible RAM Memory seems to list RAM Speeds up to 3200Mhz.

To get RAM Speeds above 3200Mhz you need to go the the Motherboard's QVL List for the 3000 Series Matisse processor list or go to the RAM Manufacturer site and see if the RAM is compatible with your motherboard and processor.

I recently upgraded my computer to a Ryzen 7 3700x Asus Motherboard. I purchased a set of G-Skill Trident-Z Neo RGB (2x16GB) 3600Mhz CL16 RAM and it works perfectly after I used Asus BIOS to Overclock to 3600Mhz.

The Trident-Z Neo are made to be compatible with Ryzen Processors. But there are other RAM just as good from other RAM Manufacturers.

3600Mhz is the sweet spot for the Matisse processors in which the processor has the best performance.

Make sure the RAM you purchase is  compatible with the amount of DIMM Slots that you are going to populate and can be Overclocked or not. All info listed on the QVL List.

0 Likes

I know how to find compatible RAM on the motherboard manufacturer's list of compatible RAM, I gave the URL to it.

But the RAM I have looked at on that list is NOT on AMD's list of 3900X compatible RAM.

READ what I posted:

I am asking anyone for RAM serial/part numbers for the specific CPU and Mobo I have, NOT what RAM you are using for a completely different CPU and Mobo.

Find me some RAM that is on both the list AMD and MSI lists then - if it were that simple I wouldn't be wasting my time on here replying to people like you who don't read what I asked for.

0 Likes

Good luck!  LoL

I see you have no idea what a QVL list is.

Take care

0 Likes