cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

parinho564
Journeyman III

hello, I have a latop with an amd-1 6010 -Socket FT3 (bga769). And I was wondering if I can change the processor?

this laptop is already over 4 years old and in use, and the processor can’t take any more simple tasks like opening glass, editing or opening Chrome and Word without causing major bottlenecks

0 Likes
1 Reply

No, those type of laptop processors are soldered to the motherboard according to CPU World: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Puma/AMD-E1-Series%20E1-6010.html 

FAQ

Q: I have an AMD E1-6010 microprocessor. Is it possible to upgrade it?
A: No. Microprocessors like this one are soldered on a board, for that reason upgrading or replacing them is very very difficult.

You would need to take it to a specialized computer shop with the proper equipment to de-solder the processor and re-solder a new one.

Labor alone will probably cost more than your laptop is worth.  Besides, the Laptop must have the proper BIOS version installed so that it will recognized the upgraded processor. So you would need to ask the laptop's manufacturer support to see which processors, if any, are supported by your laptop.

0 Likes