cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

PU
Journeyman III

Heat Dissipation of ryzen 5 5600x

I am trying to solve the equation in order to calculate the cooling requirement for ryzen 5 5600x processor. The heat generated and dissipated by the CPU can be calculated using thermodynamic equations. However, I am not able to get few parameters such as,
The surface area of the processor,
Thermal resistance

Power dissipation:

PDMAX = (TJMAX - TA) / θJA

Where:
θJA = thermal resistance
TJ = junction temperature
TA = ambient temperature
PD = power dissipation

Please let me know if anyone can solve it. Thank you

0 Likes
3 Replies
kurdtnz
Adept III

To be honest, think you might be over thinking it, it just needs a decent cooler, it's not one of the hottest cpu's out there but Im not a fan of the bundled wraith coolers, it will perform well with a good tower type air cooler or AIO.

0 Likes
apc900
Adept II

20210328_092919 (FILEminimizer).jpg20210328_093018 (FILEminimizer).jpg20210328_093115 (FILEminimizer).jpg20210328_093300 (FILEminimizer).jpg20210328_093317 (FILEminimizer).jpg20210328_093327 (FILEminimizer).jpgI tend to agree with Kurd... You are overthinking it.

I own that exact CPU. I would not consider using the stock cooler but it doesn't require overly expensive solutions. I am using a 'tractor' styled Hyper212+ with my installation and it keeps everything very cool. Quite frankly, AMD should have omitted the stock cooler and priced this CPU $25 less. The cooler provided has less dissipation material than even the previous Ryzen offerings. Personally, I believe it was thrown in to justify the price increase.

Robinhood
Adept I

I can't help you with the equation, but I can say that the number you're looking for (TDP) is readily available. The Ryzen 5 5600x is 65W TDP, meaning it will pull 65 watts, and possibly 10 - 15 watts more if it has the thermal headroom. Any decent aircooler can handle that, even the wraith cooler it comes with in the box.

0 Likes