cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lantas
Journeyman III

Have the 20 degree offsets for the Ryzen 7x series been fixed. If not will they be fixed?

Jump to solution

So I have a Ryzen 7 1700x and have recently been having issues where my computer will reboot on me because it thinks the cpu is overheating. I know its not as I have a nh-d15, please don't try to tell me that because it is on air it is overheating, I know that it is not getting into the 90's and that it is the 20 degree offset in the cpu that is causing issues. I was wondering if anyone knew if they were going to get a hotfix for this out or if they were doing anything to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mistered
Adept III

Re: Have the 20 degree offsets for the Ryzen 7x series been fixed. If not will they be fixed?

Jump to solution

AMD Ryzen Community Update #3

Posted by rhallock  in Gaming on Apr 6, 2017 2:48:29 PM

"Today we’re pleased to announce that Ryzen Master version 1.0.1 will be available starting April 11th with two important updates:

1. Ryzen Master now reports junction temperature, rather than tCTL, by automatically removing the tCTL offset on the AMD Ryzen 1800X, 1700X, and 1600X processors. See the “temperature reporting” section of this blog for more context on tCTL

"

Also, I saw a new temperature, CPU (Tdie), being reported in HWiNFO64.

CPU (Tctl) = 57 C

CPU (Tdie) = 37 C

As you can see CPU (Tdie) reported the temperature without the 20C offset.

Specs:

AMD1700X @3925 MHz

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

Corsair H60 CPU water cooler

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rebelyell
Exemplar

Re: Have the 20 degree offsets for the Ryzen 7x series been fixed. If not will they be fixed?

Jump to solution

download this and verify.

AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility for Overclocking Control | AMD

also that cooler runs better in a pull config. the fans are not that great

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
mistered
Adept III

Jump to solution

AMD Ryzen Community Update #3

Posted by rhallock  in Gaming on Apr 6, 2017 2:48:29 PM

"Today we’re pleased to announce that Ryzen Master version 1.0.1 will be available starting April 11th with two important updates:

1. Ryzen Master now reports junction temperature, rather than tCTL, by automatically removing the tCTL offset on the AMD Ryzen 1800X, 1700X, and 1600X processors. See the “temperature reporting” section of this blog for more context on tCTL

"

Also, I saw a new temperature, CPU (Tdie), being reported in HWiNFO64.

CPU (Tctl) = 57 C

CPU (Tdie) = 37 C

As you can see CPU (Tdie) reported the temperature without the 20C offset.

Specs:

AMD1700X @3925 MHz

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

Corsair H60 CPU water cooler

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

Jump to solution

yes hwinfo is only other reporting correctly. i may just set my offset in bios which you can do on the crosshair hero x370 im tired of everything being off on mobo and reading wrong in corsair link water cooler

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

MODERATOR NOTE:  I am glad to see you have resolved your issue. To help keep this post on topic and help other with a similar issue, I am locking this thread.

0 Kudos