Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mauparra
Journeyman III

Hardware reserved memory problem from 16GB RAM only 7GB available

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with hardware reserved memory. I installed a second 8GB RAM memory for a total of 16GB. Now the hardware reserved memory is 9GB. Its too high.

My system is: Lenovo AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics Windows 10 64 bit. BIOS Lenovo A2CN44WW 2016 (UEFI modus).

Windows 10 is updated. Lenovo system is also updated. Drivers are also updated. 

Can someone help me to solve this problem?

I thanks for any ideas or for an explanation of that.

Mauricio from Germany

0 Likes
7 Replies
Jazzinplayer
Adept II

Is the new memory exactly the same model as the old one?

Try them in different memory slots. You can put only de new one first to see if its working fine, and check all slots to verify all of them work. 

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer!

Memory Slot#1= Crucial DDR3 PC3-12800 (800MHz) Dual 8GB (this memory I bought after a test-recommendation for compatibility). I wanted to expand my ram memory to max. 16GB.

Memory Slot#2= Hynix DDR3 PC3-12800 (800MHz) Dual 8GB (this memory was inside Lenovo first)

0 Likes

This website give excellent Troubleshooting tips just avoid downloading its "Recommended " software to repair your computer.

https://appuals.com/windows-10-wont-use-full-ram/

Just follow the various steps in the above link to see if Windows will lower the Reserve RAM Memory to whatever is assigned to your laptop's APU as vRAM plus some RAM for Windows itself.

0 Likes

I never success by fix reg, msconfig , 

I successed by Update BIOS. (Gigabyte for 64+16GB  but reserved for 16GB), now 77Gb reserved 3GB

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer! For me it is not possible to update my Lenovo BIOS. My BIOS is apparent updated.

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer!

With msconfig solution I had a big problem (blue screen). I had to solve this problem with windows security mode for restarting my windows.

For me it is not possible to update my Lenovo BIOS.

Any different idea?

0 Likes

Hi there, I have had same problem and tried several methods to solve. But nothing worked actually. At last I had to go to bios and make it to optimized defaults, then it worked. Try it. 

0 Likes