Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

robseklopse
Journeyman III

GTA Online low fps on Ryzen 7 1700x

Hello AMD Community.

I bought a Ryzen 1700x in January 2018 and it works pretty well. Boost Frequency, Base Frequency works pretty well and the performance in general is grandious. However, it seems that my processor can not handle GTA Online that good. It drops down to 50-35 fps in the middle of the city even if the city is not filled with other players, the fps rarely reach 60. I tried everything, changing the graphic settings to low, middle etc, clean install of Windows,drivers and motherboard firmware, following the tips from Rockstar Games Support itself, playing around with the pagefile settings, energy options. temperatures are pretty good for all of my components, etc. I even tried another internet connection (450Mbit Download, 20 Mbit Upload, Ping between 10-20 ms) but nothing happens. The problem occurs only in GTA Online, not in storymode. Is there any way to fix that? I am losing my mind about this. 

My Specs are:

Windows 10 Professional (had the home version before but that doesnt change the performance)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700x (Stock Frequency, because its not 2 years old) 
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX 1080 Advanced 
Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI PLUS
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws dual 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz CL 16 (I run it on 2400 Mhz with CL16 because thats the official limit Ryzen 1700x supports on dual ranks)
Cooler: Noctua NH D15
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB, Crucial MX 500
PSU: Seasonic Focus 750 Platinum

A friend of mine runs GTA Online on a PC with Ryzen 5 1600x and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060, the same is equal to my specs. His game runs pretty smooth. I even used the same ingame settings than him, but that doesnt result in a better performance. 

Please help me, I can not figure out the problem here.

0 Likes
0 Replies