cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

borko
Adept I

Green screen while benchmarking/gaming - HUGE problem!!!

I posted this on Reddit and Tom's Hardware too, but the problem is not fixed yet.

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5 2400G (RX Vega 11 iGPU)

G.Skill Aegis 16GB 3000MHz 2x8 DDR4

Mobo ASUS A320M-K

BIOS: 4207 (former 4011)

Hello people. So, I have green screen crash or reboots when gaming/benchmarking for about 20 minutes, especially when running Heaven Unigine benchmark. I don't think it's PSU failure because everything was working perfectly fine before I updated BIOS and MAYBE, but MAYBE because I installed new RAM. I won't be too long. Things I have tried:

• Clearing CMOS multiple times

• Switching RAM sticks

• Tried downgrading the BIOS (failed, mobo doesn't support USB flashback, error "Selected file is not a proper BIOS!" in EZ Flash 3)

• Reinstalling Windows 10 multiple times

• Installing newest chipset and GPU drivers

• Clean uninstalling GPU drivers with DDU in safe mode and then reinstalling the newest drivers normally

• Clean installing GPU drivers with AMD Cleanup Utility

• Turning off D.O.C.P and setting manual timings, frequency and voltage

• Turning on D.O.C.P Standard

• Underclocking to 2933 MHz

• Overclocking SOC voltage to 1.15V (it was on 1.062V)

• Overclocking RAM voltage from 1.35V to 1.365V

• Overclocking memory frequency to 3200 MHz in hope it will be stable

• And yeah - Myself sitting in front of the monitor for 4 days, 8 hours each trying to solve this problem.

Is there any hope? I don't want to buy any new components for now, I spent a lot of money on this PC in hope to play some games and relax, but then this happened. I appreciate all the answers and thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 Replies

What does WhoCrashed say https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

misterj
Big Boss

borko, is your memory on the MB QVL list?  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM).  In general non-OCed systems are more stable - run with no OC until this is settled.  Try running with one memory stick, then the other and one at a time in each of your four slots to see if one stick or one slot is bad.  What is the size of your power supply, what OS are you using? And is that the latest BIOS?  Please use the latest CPU-Z and post your version of AGESA.  Compress your minidump folder and post it here.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

borko
Adept I

Hello people, thanks for replies. Black_zion, this is what WhoCrashed says. By the way, I updated all drivers including chipset and GPU, as I said I even reinstalled Windows then installed drivers again, but that didn't help.

Hi misterj, I got to note that things are now even worse, besides of green screen I am getting this BSOD and sometimes this stuck screen with strange pixels. Everything happens for about 20 minutes of playing.

Here is the screenshot of Ryzen Master. I can't overclock my CPU on this chipset and I didn't overclock my RAM, as I said I even underclocked it due to instability. Yes, my memory is on the MB QVL list. In BIOS, for my memory I set everything as it was noted in QVL list. I will try running with one stick at a time, but my mobo doesn't have four slots, it has only two. I'm afraid if my stick is not good because I bought it a couple of days ago, new in the store. I hope the issue isn't because RAM sticks. Size of my PSU is 500W but it is very, very cheap, low-grade PSU and it came together with 25$ cheap case. I am using Windows 10 Pro. Yes, this is the latest BIOS version (4207). This is my version of AGESA. Latest chipset and GPU drivers are installed. You can download my minidump folder here. Thanks again.

0 Likes
borko
Adept I

Hey, sorry for asking but when is my reply going to be finished moderating?

0 Likes

borko,  weekends are the worst for delays.  I have EDITed the offending post (click Actions), removed the link or whatever.  I then post another reply containing the material.  Enjoy, John.

There are only two Moderators moderating AMD Forums. So depends when they have a chance to see the reply and approve it. Normally within a day it is approved. But on weekends, one of the Moderators  may be off or on vacation and the other one may be busy taking up the slack. They are moderating four forums here at AMD Forums. 

Normally if you add a outside link to your reply, JIVE will filter and put it in for moderation as a safety factor. 

Just my own observations.

jaxter
Adept I

I think we are to blame the PSU here. Depending on the GPU you have I would rate the setup around 500-550W. After you test the memory I would suggest running the setup bare-boned. Remove all unneeded hard drives, floppy disks(if anyone still knows what that is), CD-ROMs, additional RAM sticks est. Just the bare minimum to run a program that crashes the system. If you could throw in a weaker graphics card just for the test (your old one for say), this should tell you if the power you have is sufficient or not. If nothing changes... I have nothing
Good luck mate! And please post the results to help others.

0 Likes