cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 R5 board w/ all 4 memory slots populated w/ 8gb sticks of G-Skill Snipers. CPU is Phenom II 1100T Black. Only using 16gb of memory instead of the 32gb. Any ideas why?

You may want to post in the G-Skill forums or support. There may be Bios timings and specific settings to use. Check out these posts

AMD FX Is Limited to Only 2 RAM Sticks Running at 1866MHz? Should I Underclock?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev.4 + FX-9590 + 32GB - Can't run memory at full speed

Also take a look at the AMD article on DDR3 frequency may offer a little insite  DDR3 memory frequency guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 R5 board w/ all 4 memory slots populated w/ 8gb sticks of G-Skill Snipers. CPU is Phenom II 1100T Black. Only using 16gb of memory instead of the 32gb. Any ideas why?

The OP's issue is not RAM speed related, it's that his mobo isn't accessing all 32GB of RAM.

The links you listed do address some of the common RAM speed issues that AMD owners experience, however. The FX CPUs tend to support faster RAM up to ~2133 MHz. with the right RAM and proper BIOS settings though as testing with real apps has shown there is little system performance gains with RAM above ~1600 MHz. as DDR3 RAM running at ~1600 MHz. on a CPU powered desktop PC isn't a system bottleneck. APU powered desktops can see minor system gains with RAM up to ~2133 MHz. as the GPU section of the APU can use the added bandwidth.

Why is there no Quad-Channel DDR3-Memory-Interface in the AMD FX-Processors?

0 Kudos