cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mgwilh
Journeyman III

Gigabyte - B450M DS3H V2 Sucks

I ordered an ATX motherboard B450M DS3H V2 to install the thermaltake Core Case from Amazon. Apparently the Ryzen 5000 Series processors do not work on this motherboard . . . even though the documentation says its compatible. You MUST have a current bios installed in order to boot this motherboard.   So . . . here is the catch - you need the motherboard to boot up so you can update the BIOS, but with a lower BIOS and a NEW 5600x cpu the board will not boot.
Solution: - Send the motherboard back to Gigabyte to have them upgrade the bios. OR - you can beg AMD to send you an older CPU, to boot this board, and upgrade the BIOS.   If gigabyte can't give a better solution than "Send the Board back . . ." I really have no confidence in ANY Gigabyte product. Please tell me Gigabyte have smarter Engineers than this. Well . . . I guess not. My opinion of Gigabyte products is now ZERO
Please understand this is not an Amazon problem, this is a Gigabyte product issue.

At the moment - I am in the begging AMD for a "Loaner" processor, I am sure it will all work out - but its going to be weeks to get get settled.

0 Likes
0 Replies