cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

x58
Adept II

Re: Getting better performance on Amd ryzen tool rather than manually OC via BIOS

Wow 1000 usd a processor? thats a good money well spend, I really congratulations you on your system its so amazing  the performance and latencies, but something that i didn't understand is that you say you have a NIC interface network card, but at the same time you said that you dont have network card nor the sound dedicate card, o.o?

Also that SSD you installed as Raid0, why not to install as AHCI? i have a SSD  crucial 500 has like 250 gigs but I installed as AHCI don't know if that can make a difference on my pc.  Also you are running that last version of windows 10, probably i will be getting that version too.

And yes i have the latest Ryzen Chipset from AMD for my B350 motherboard but i'm using high power profile on Ryzen battery, but same problem with using Balanced. 

But yeah mr John thanks for your time, I hope some users her can do the same test with my Ryzen cpu to see if my cpu is defective or just cause a bad OS settings or... idk, so thanks again John!

PS: sorry for my poor grammar.

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

Re: Getting better performance on Amd ryzen tool rather than manually OC via BIOS

x58, NIC is an old term but still used even though it is really just a module on the MB.  There are two SSDs in my RAID0 and it tests at about 6000 MBps.  Google the Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB, in 2xRAID0 about 500 GB.  It is an NVMe M.2 product.  You are very welcome.  Enjoy, John. 

x58
Adept II

Today i was reading your motherboard Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming
but didn't find that NIC chipset that you were talking about 😮 instead it seems to have a Aquantic network chipset your motherboard.

And yeahyour ssd are so omg!!!!!! well your pc Rocks is like a  decepticon! very strong.

Aff today i cleaned my pc but It makes me sad cause you know heatsinks around the motherboard has like a silicone thermal compound below the heatsinks and when i realized it was like very consumed and with full of dust i didn't open cause i don't have thermal silicone to replaced... cause here in Venezuela is difficult, this is the nowhere land.. you cannot find anything...  wish i can live in USA or Canada or better countries without many problems xd

This is what i found lol rip silicone thermal compoud xd

horribleheat.JPG

Anyway if you see my pc case inside is like HAAH

The SSD is like hanging in the metals, down-side there my 2 old HDD 256 gb hope a day
When things gets better if i get my passport, traveling to another country and grab a good cpu case
better hard drives, and properly case to set my SSD and idk new thermal silicone...

ugly.JPG

But yeah tried cleaning  a litte bit, tried hard resetting cpu, rams, video card, but in depth high latencies continues to 135-140...
I don't know if create another Thread here or just wait for more people with my same cpu ryzen 5 1600 or at least help from Developers,

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

x58, there are three NICs on my MB, the Aquantia (10 Gbps) and two Intel I211AT (1 Gbps) I use an Intel.  For years I have used Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound.  What ever you can get be sure to find some videos on application.  For my 1950X I use three very thin lines.  It should never come out the sides.  I know Venezuela is having some problems now and we are not being very friendly.  Can you not order for Amazon or other websites?  Enjoy, John.

x58
Adept II

Hey misterj sorry for not reply in time was trying to find the culprit
And I founded!  the culprit  was  a bug that was fixed after week 24 of people that bought Ryzen first generation cpu back in 2017. mine was from may 5 2017 which sadly didn't came with the hot-fix. The  problem was segmentation by high cpu usage and heavy compilation codes..

The only fix was to RMA the cpu, but as i state that i live in Venezuela, then i had to find another alternative which was to disable in Bios the opcache control + SMT and finally problem is solved

Also I found that the latency was triggered when I  installed any nvidia drivers, but once i disabled opcache+smt finally all latencies goes 0.00232 or 1 us to 5 or 8 maximum. So probably your Threadripper 1950x you acquired like very after of may or july in 2017 and your cpu came with the hotfix

The sad part is that i have to sacrifice my 6 threads, now i have only 6 :p

but anyway just letting u know, cheers.

0 Likes
x7007
Adept II

What can I do if I have the problem with CPU , I tried disabling OPcahce ,   I kept SMT Auto .  I tried  HPET disabled both or Enabled just bios.  Balance Power or Ultimate.

Can I still RMA the cpu with Amazon ?

43243434.png

0 Likes
x7007
Adept II

I've found out the problem is caused by Nvidia drivers.  Disabling the Display adapter 1080GTX fix the issue in instant ....

I've posted it here

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/another-look-at-hpet-high-precision-event-timer.368604/page-68#pos...

0 Likes