Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Fx9590 Crosshair v formula z tuning

Alright guys,

I have been watching videos and all of that for a while I just cant seem to be able to figure out what's going on...

I have water cooling for the cpu, actually my uncle built this computer and it worked fine for a while and then he messed around with the Suite and then ever since then i get freezes.

I tried putting everything to " Default " but nope still, cpu gets really hot and freezes.

For example I will be playing Watch Dogs 2 for about 10 minutes and HW Monitor will show that my CPU temperature is about 65...

When I use suite and pick the energy saving option rather than high performance, then it puts my cpu to 1800... lol really?

What are some options I should try?

AMD FX-9590

Geforce GTX 770specs.png

IF you want me to post additional information please ask. thank you.

I look forward hearing your advices.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Fx9590 Crosshair v formula z tuning

Ah ASUS Anti-Intelligence Suite...Remove it, because it's also killing your CPU speed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I uninstalled AI suite to test and see if it would fix the heating/freeze

problem but nope it's not that

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Hello johnekinamd,

black_zion's suggestion is appreciated. Have you enabled the Cool and Quiet function in firmware, UEFI/BIOS/SETUP?

CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z | Motherboards | ASUS Global could confirm your processor matches your motherboard, update the firmware to the latest, if necessary. Before any operation, you can read the user manual carefully first from http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM3+/Crosshair_V_Formula_Z/E7710_Crosshair_5_Formula-Z.pdf... , please turn to page 3-18, where you could find where to enable Cool and Quiet function under UEFI SETUP.

1.png

Besides that, I also suggest you to enable EPU Power Saving Mode and AMD Turbo Core technology function under UEFI too, please turn to page 3-6, and start reading those following pages carefully before any real operation.

I just wish you good luck!

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions

I'm going to try those settings and will get back to you with results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Hello johnekinamd,

Have you tried the method I provided on the above reply? OK, if that still could not solve your problem. I suggest you to make a Ubuntu Live USB Drive, with which you can boot up your computer into another O/S, where you can use the shell command more /proc/cpuinfo repeatedly to retrieve the information how fast your processor cores are running? If you could find the core is running at different speeds, the problem lies on the Windows 10 rather than your computer. If so, the best solution is reinstall the Windows 10, or contact with Microsoft for further solution. Or else, you might contact with ASUSTek to hear what they say about your problem. Once again, I wish you good luck!

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen

0 Kudos