Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

FX8350

Hello Guys,

I'm having some issues with my PC for a couple of days now. I bought a second hand video card, gave it back after one day due to the unbearable coil whine and i think that's when the problems started. The second day i bought a brand new Sapphire R9 RX390 Nitro ( 8gb/512bit ), this one also has coil whine but very very faint, and not all the time. Out of curiosity to test the PC with the new GPU, i installed Fraps. Ran War Thunder, with the same settings i was running on my Asus R7 265 ( 2GB/256bit ) and i was stunned when the game would not get passed 25 FPS.

Today I discovered what was causing the performance drop. My CPU was stuck at 1.4Ghz, it wouldn't get past this frequency, and the Vcore wouldn't get past 0.942v. I tried the slow mode switch, i called a friend that has the same power supply as me, Overclocked the processor to 4.2ghz, and i couldn't get a constat vCore voltage. I would restart, all good 4ghz, played a little GTA 5 , then when i switched games, it dropped. I think my motherboard, or PSU might be the issue.

I Overclocked the CPU to 4.2, tried the "slow mode" switch on my MB, and after a lot of hours of frustration i managed to get it fairly stable.

The frequency isn't stable even under load, same with the Vcore.

I really don't know, the FPS in gta earlier today, when i finally got it to work (no jinx ) would go to 75, and then it would drop to 30, the same in war thunder. I really don't get it.

My Specs are :

Proc : AMD FX8350  - stock

RAM : 16 GB Corsair HyperX

MB : MSI 970 Gaming

GPU : Sapphire R9 390

PSU : Sirtec 750W 80+ Bronze

------

The CPU is water cooled and i have plenty of case fans, so overheating is not the issue. I also installed the latest driver today

Has anyone had this issue ? could the MB or PSU be unable to maintain the voltage for the CPU?

Thank you in advance, and Happy Easter

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Paragon
Paragon

Re: FX8350

Did you clear the cmos and reload the BIOS defaults?

Don't do any changes except maybe disable unused devices and see how it works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elite
Elite

try turning off cool n quiet in your bios. I had the same issue and when I turned that off it fixed the issue. and make sure your power settings in windows is set to high performance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

If you have Radeon Chill enabled in Radeon settings, turn it off and check it. If not, search statup options and restart in safe mode and see if it's still running at 1.4.

0 Kudos