cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

FX 9590 locked at 1.32mhz x7 multiplier even at 100% load? what is wrong Asus sabertooth motherboard R2.0

Not Sure whats wrong, when i boot in safe mode i get full speed, also half my ram is hardware reserved

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: FX 9590 locked at 1.32mhz x7 multiplier even at 100% load? what is wrong Asus sabertooth motherboard R2.0

1.Update BIOS

2.Check CPU temperature in BIOS

3.Use Standard or High Performance power plan and reset it to default settings

​4.Uninstall all software for tweaking CPU or all system

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: FX 9590 locked at 1.32mhz x7 multiplier even at 100% load? what is wrong Asus sabertooth motherboard R2.0

done this, fresh instal of windows, and nothing, not sure what to think anymore gonna rma the board most likely. The weird part is that i have a spare 990fxa-UD5 R5 however, it does the exact same thing... hopefully its not the cpu i dont think it would be though if its capable of running factory in safe mode, and its not overheating by any stretch its like 4 degrees Celsius.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

I think it can be CPU.Maybe it cannot switch from idle mode. Or some sort of false self defense.

Set your power plan to High performance and restart PC. And disable in BIOS all power saving functions like Cool`n`Quite and C1-C6 state.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

haha i actually ended up finding out its an issue with windows itself, park control shows me the correct speed. I already did as stated above, and ended up finding out windows is reporting the wrong frequencies, however the processor itself is confirmed working at the correct speed.

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

I had this once when I installed some core-unparking tool.

The CPU would not run faster than 1.3GHz.

I uninstalled the tool, went into power options of Windows, reset to default, reboot a few times.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

tried all of these to no avail but im sure the processor is running at the right speed, just think its my specific hardware mb drivers or something weird going on. because when i boot in safe mode im good, and when i overclock the frequency shows up in task manager and the core unparking program says im running at the speed i overclocked too.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Very strange case but i am glad that you sorted it out

0 Kudos