cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Re: FX 9590 downclocked, Temps aren't looking so good, is it the PSU or could it be something else? (100% util in any game)

Jump to solution

I have the same opinion. I took a picture of my old PSU. 9370 CPU and 7870 GPU was ran properly by this PSU. But 850W is better.
72572507_752919741820170_2997722984598208512_n.jpg

verscotchi
Adept II

Re: FX 9590 downclocked, Temps aren't looking so good, is it the PSU or could it be something else? (100% util in any game)

Jump to solution

Ok, am looking into a new power supply now, I think we came to a reasonable enough conclusion until I actually get the new power supply. Thank you for help guys, I will come back whenever I finally get a new one.

verscotchi
Adept II

Jump to solution

Ok, so I have finally got my hands on a EVGA 850 W GQ PSU, all installed and ready to go, until I end with the same problem I had last time, instability due to Vdroop

I’m gonna need some help on this one.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Jump to solution

If you have not made any changes with the BIOS, that is, if you are using the system in factory settings, there is probably nothing to worry about. Try disabling AMD Turbo Core Technology with the BIOS. Or adjust the system with manual core voltage. It shouldn't be a problem. I couldn't find any documentation for your motherboard BIOS. If I had this document, I would clearly write how you should try to make changes but I can't.

0 Likes
verscotchi
Adept II

Jump to solution

Found stability at 4.7 ghz and 1.4 v with a 50% LLC, any time I would set my LLC to disabled my voltage would just spike to 1.5v+ and stay there until my computer freezes up.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Jump to solution

1.4 core voltage is low. 50% LLC is very high. Try 1.48 vcore and 20% LLC. Try to achieve stabilization with values close to the standard. Also 4.7Ghz is very high. Disable the turbo and use a speed of 4.4 or 4.5.

0 Likes