cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

verscotchi
Adept II

Re: FX 9590 downclocked, Temps aren't looking so good, is it the PSU or could it be something else? (100% util in any game)

Jump to solution

Ok, so my system did crash took it about 5-7 min to do so. I can't figure out to find out the temps or power usage before it crashed and also (foolishly) I decided to bump up my GPU clock speeds in the middle of the test. Man, I am not good at this. So, on top of not knowing my temps or voltage I think I added a possible variable that intervened. I did run the test last night and it went stable for a prolonged amount of time. Is there a way to check those before I crash?

0 Likes
verscotchi
Adept II

Re: FX 9590 downclocked, Temps aren't looking so good, is it the PSU or could it be something else? (100% util in any game)

Jump to solution

Thank you for the attempt, I can't seem to find these settings you sent is it in my email or somewhere on this website? Thank you again for being helpful.

elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

What type of crash (BSOD , computer shutdown by itself, etc)  and any errors pop up?

0 Likes
verscotchi
Adept II

Jump to solution

Screen froze, no input or output. I was in a discord call with my friends after the crash there was no response or anything I said was going through. Other than that the computer continued running at the same fan speed, but again the screen froze and was completely unresponsive.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Jump to solution

I used FX9370 4.4Ghz 1.48V core voltage manually with my old system. I turned off turbo and cool'n'quiet and made stable my old system. Install MSI AfterBurner and set Power Limit to -50%. Maybe it won't crash.

0 Likes
verscotchi
Adept II

Jump to solution

I'll be sure to try that if the issue isn't solved, but I'm also concerned that that particular configuration will definitely tank my performances, unless the reason I'm having performance issues is due to stability. Can you confirm that this rig was decent enough? Say run a AAA title and stream a video?

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Found this old Tom's Hardware Thread with the same processor and symptoms that you are having: Can a PSU cause your computer to freeze? | Tom's Hardware Forum 

It is a long thread but you may find it useful.  One User does mention freezing could be due to Power supply issues.

Also from Tom's Hardware PSU 101 explains everything you need to know about PSU and testing them: How We Test Power Supply Units - Tom's Hardware | Tom's Hardware 

verscotchi
Adept II

Jump to solution

Thank you, will read this.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Jump to solution

I've written "reduce Power Limit" for OCCT PSU test not for performance. Because if you know that your system is stable, you can improve the situation by purchasing a power supply.

0 Likes
verscotchi
Adept II

Jump to solution

Oh, I see so to test stability I should try to tweak my system to find stability. Turbo and Cool'n'Quiet are extraneous then I'm assuming. One more thing, should I touch my LLC or no?

0 Likes