cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jhgyn
Newcomer

FX-8350 shutdown after overheating (86C)

My fx-8350 used to run with pretty good temps but about 2 or 3 months it's running at 50~65c on desktop and about 30c with no programs open. 

I've tried: re installing windows, using 2 different brands of thermal paste, adding +1 fan in the back of the seidon, using the stock coolerbox but nothing stops it from shutting down. 

PS: turbo core is not on and multiplier is on 20 (4ghz), stock voltage, rams also stock.

The only game I can play right now is LOL, anything that I may open will stick to the 86c margin and will shutdown. Even apex loadscreen or league of legends if I dont cap the fps to 60 and stick to the low settings.

May someone help me?

CPU: Fx-8350 black edition + seidon 120v

MOBO: M5a97 le r.20

PSU: CX600

GPU: RX 480 8gb

RAM: 16gb, 1600mhz

I also have +4 fans

0 Likes
13 Replies
dacq
Adept III

What is the fan speed on the processor cooler? Check in the BIOS.
What processor cooler is it? Put a link to a picture of it.

0 Likes

All of them on 100%. Resultado de imagem para seidon 120v

0 Likes

Have you updated the BIOS, and what program are you using to measure the temperature?

0 Likes

Yes, I did. Core temp and MSI afterburner.

0 Likes

Then there's another problem because the maximum temperature of any Bulldozer derived desktop processor is 61C, so if you're reading the actual CPU core temperature as over that, and it's not shutting down until it passes 80C, then that's the realm of motherboard failure.  What does AIDA64 report these values at

And what do your cooler's software report the water temp to be?

0 Likes

Here it is with amd overdrive, core temp and afterburner. Seidon doesnt have a software, but it's on 100%. 

This is with a stress test for about 1:30 min, more time would probably shutdown at 86c and as you see its downclocked to 3.6ghz and 1.21V.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

Did I understand your previous post that this also happens with the stock cooler?

0 Likes

Yes, but it will be even worse and will shutdown anytime if I dont underclock.

0 Likes

Then you have a hardware problem, either with the CPU or the motherboard.

0 Likes
dacq
Adept III

How old is the aio cooler?

0 Likes

About 2,5 years.

0 Likes

You should clean the fans and radiator from dust at least once ever 2-3 months (but this will depend on your case, how dusty the room is and if you smoke, smoke tends to cause dust to stick more). Try this first.

You should have a backup aio cooler. Pumps fail at any time and a leak will likely happen at some time after a year. So get another one first and if that's fine then after a year get another as a backup.

0 Likes
atlasminor
Challenger

Did some checking , If running 1903 the new feature update made more than a few changes towards CPU support and Performance changes.

This might not be the best suggestion, but i would look into possible compatibility issues with the FX-8350 your running and roll-back to the previous windows-10 or clean install back to previous version.

I can only assume your Windows10 ?

If Win-7 shouldn't be issue

If Win-8 Probably best place to be for the 8350

There was a roll out bug that upgraded everyone , even those not intended yet,. No Surprise.  Beginning with the new feature update, Windows 10 is introducing some Ryzen specific changes, including topology awareness, which means that the OS will be now able to focus on single Core Complex (CCX)

They are still supporting Pentium, but i seen a Pentium sold today and its model number is way out of the league most CPU's ranked with the 8350 were.

Hope this helps, most people wont look into the cpu changes, because it really wouldnt be expected at this point, after all MS has said about only stable trickle down releases and all. But hey its a brand new day. Cheers.

I may have some technical stuff you might be interested in adding to your registry to get your hardware config to run properly on 1903, MS left a few things out this time around, and probably wont change it, 

0 Likes