Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

unicorncomputer
Journeyman III

FX-8350 running at 1.38Ghz

I just did a reinstall of windows 10 

noticed computer was a little sluggish, found that in task manager, CPU is running at 1.38GHz.

MB Asrock 970A-G/3.1 Running at 37C

CPU FX-8350 running at 14C

RAM 

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM

Boot drive Intel SSDPEKNW010T8 M.2 NVME

2nd drive Seagate ST1500DM003-9YN16G Sata

Running Windows 10 Enterprise 2004

How do I get the processor to run correctly?

I'm not overclocking

Thank you,

Steve

0 Likes
6 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

01.PNG

This is mine.

image4.png
This is an example for yours.

So, MOBO bus speed should be 200 for you, and CPU multiplier should be 20 (or 21) for you.

If there is something you can fix, first you check the settings I mentioned with CPUZ software.

0 Likes

Here are my pics.  bios is all at defaults

cpuz1.PNGcpuz2.PNG

0 Likes

Give the CPU multiplier a value of 20 and try it. If the result does not change, try increasing the multiplier. I don't know the cause of the problem. It looks like you can give the CPU multiplier up to 40 and try it out.

0 Likes

I set the multiplier to 20 manually, still running at 1.36Ghz.

I did notice tonight that when I first turned on computer it was very snappy, checked and it was running 3.75, 4.0, but after a few minutes it went back to 1.36Ghz.

I would suspect heat, but processor is running at 12c according to cpuid hardware monitor and 13c on Speccy.

I am not sure if I have a bad processor or what.  this has been going on for more than 6 months now, and I just checked, wouldn't you know my warranty expired in October.

Please help.

Thank you,

Steve

0 Likes

I have no suggestions for the solution other than suggesting you reset the CMOS. Strangely enough, your motherboard has a minus multiplier on the processor. I don't know the reason for this. If I were you, I would plug-out the processor and try it with another motherboard. Obviously, this problem is very likely to be caused by your motherboard. But why? I do not know...

0 Likes

Check if turbocore feature on bios and set it enabled. 

0 Likes