cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

FX 8300 is working with 1400Mhz. Is it normal? I suppose its default speed 3.3Ghz.

Overdrive Autoclock;

The result of last successful tune is:

Last CPU clock is: 6100 MHz

Last HT Link ref. clock is: 200 MHz

Last CPU multiplier is: 30.5 X

I did not boost it. Cooler fan is not enough for this action i think.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: FX 8300 is working with 1400Mhz. Is it normal? I suppose its default speed 3.3Ghz.

We'd like to help, but you have not provided enough information.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: FX 8300 is working with 1400Mhz. Is it normal? I suppose its default speed 3.3Ghz.

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Sapphire HD 7950 GDDR5 3GB 384Bit AMD Radeon DX11.1
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3
  • Display Devices
    • AOC 2043FS 1600x900 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
  • Motherboard
    • MSI 970 GAMING AMD 970+SB950 AM3+ DDR3 2133MHz
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD FX X8 8300 SOKET AM3+ 3.3GHz 16MB 95W 32NM
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Everest ARES-XI 750W 80PLUS
  • RAM
    • GSKILL 8GB RipjawsX DDR3 1866MHz
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

No it is not normal for your processor to run at 1400 MHz unless it or the VRM circuit is overheating. The AMD boxed fan can cool whatever CPU it is shipped with if properly installed and you have sufficient airflow thru your PC case to remove the hot air from the CPU and GPU coolers. Make sure that your fan settings are at Maximum or 100% in the BIOS or Win10 so the fans can run at full speed when necessary.

Did you confirm that your mobo BIOS supports the FX-8300 model CPU? If not then you need to update the BIOS to a proper version so that it can identify the CPU and properly set the vcore and frequency on boot. You will want to clear CMOS if you had a different CPU installed on this mobo previously.

You can use the applet OCCT to record the processor vcore voltage, frequency internal core temp and other criteria to see exactly what is happening with you CPU. If the VRM circuit is overheating adding a small fan blowing on the VRM components may fix the problem, if the VRM overheating is the source of the problem.

The numerous FX-8000 series CPU overheating threads here cover all of the typical heating issues with FX 8-core CPUs. The basic parameters and diagnostic procedures are the same for all FX-8000 models.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

• checked BIOS settings and CPU and GPU coolers work regularly.
  • Latest BIOS drives already installed.
  • Current CPU VID 0.8375V and NB VID 1.1170V and CPU temperature is 40°C.
  • Here is BIOS OC Settings;

20160624_141304.jpg

• And AMD Overdrive autoclock result;

Adsız.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Already happened to me something similar.. Its the mobo, reseting bios should work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: FX 8300 is working with 1400Mhz. Is it normal? I suppose  its default speed 3.3Ghz.

The CPU can and will change frequency based on load and temp. It is possible for the CPU to run at 1400 MHz if it is at idle but it should not run at 1400 MHz when under load.

0 Kudos