cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mehmetturan
Newcomer

FX 6300 & RX 580 Knight Online FPS Problem Help me Pls (Intel Vs AMD Pictures Added)

Hi all

My computer features are as below.

Processor: Amd Fx 6300 (OverClocked 4.5 GHz)

Motherboard: Asus M5a97 R2.0

Graphics card: Sapphire Rx 580 8GB special edition

Ram: 10 GB Ddr3 1600 MHz ram

Knight Online, me and many people using an AMD processor have problems. . The game was released in 2003 and uses the directx 9 engine.

And as a processor, it wants only single core performance. But I have a problem or a question; Intel processors with older technology than the FX 6300 processor get 100-150 FPS in the game, while the Fx 6300 and RX 580 only give 10/20 Fps.

As an extra; Having the same problem on the latest AMD processors. <br><br>Many people who love to play Knight Online turn to intel processors.

I am requesting help from AMD Authorities.

Thanks.

AMD AND INTEL processor Knight Online game FPS values I add as Picture below.

amd.jpg  intel.jpeg

0 Likes
5 Replies
mehmetturan
Newcomer

No one is authorized here?

Why do not you answer ?

0 Likes
qbtheslayer
Challenger

Well for one, this is a USER forum (meaning people just like you).

Two, your post is about an ancient game on an ancient CPU and probably not that interesting to other users.

And three, you made a post and then when no one responds you start YELLING!!...

So I am pretty sure there will not be many interested in helping.

QB

0 Likes

You can't help anyway, get out of here.

0 Likes

Dont exactly have an exact setup as you do but for testing purposes i downloaded the game (mind you ive never played this game and tbh dont really know how to so the tests that i did was very very limited) and did manage to do some test on 2 of my 4 systems that are close to yours.

(1st Test system)

CPU - FX8370E (OC to 4.6Ghz)

GPU - RX470 4GB

Mem - 16gb 1600 ram in dual channel mode

Storage Device - HDD

Resolution used for Testing - 1600x900 & 1080p 

All Drivers up to date

-the game runs at about at around 17-19fps only inside crowded towns where there are lots of players selling stuff but as soon as you turn your camera towards/move to the outer gates the FPS jumps to above 60fps, same for the other maps, as long as it isnt that crowded like in the main castle the fps is always above 60fps on the RX470 and honestly its not that surprising, its an old game that only uses 1 core and 1-2 threads so its to be expected.

(2nd Test System)

CPU - Xeon x5670 (equivalent in performance to a 1st gen i7)

GPU - GTX1060 6gb

Mem - 16gb 1600 DDR3 ECC ram in dual channel mode

Storage Device - SDD

Resolution used for Testing - 1600x900 & 1080p 

All Drivers up to date

-Fps is pretty much the same as the first test system, 17-19 in the middle of a very crowded castle town with fps climing above 60fps as soon as i leave turn towards the gates or leave the castle, cant really test this game much as i dont really play it and cant spend much time testing as i needed this system for rendering work (sorry)

Not really sure if its a problem with the CPU or that its just a very old game that needs its engine to be more core/thread aware (most likely its the latter) or that it was coded with intel CPUs in mind, cant really be sure since im still getting the same result on my xeon system which is close to the performance of my FX system

Sadly im unable to run Knight online on my Ryzen system and im not really sure why (to be exact, its the anti cheat software engine that comes with the game thats refusing to load when you click start) could be because i just recently updated windows 10 to the May v2004 update or could be some other stuff that im not aware of, cant really be sure as i dont really have the time to do a clean install atm just to test one game. 

I am grateful to you for trying to help You are a benevolent person.

Just what I wanted to learn from the Authorities was:

How old generation intel processors do better than new ryzen processors? this is very unreasonable to me.

But I thought maybe the amd executives would read this article and maybe consider ryzen processors in marketing.

I think I will never find a valid answer to this question, I lost hope.

Healthy days.

0 Likes