cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ash549k
Journeyman III

frequency and voltage won't drop after overclocking through bios however, only the frequency drops when overclocking through ryzen master.

overclocked my ryzen 1600 to 3.7ghz on auto voltage. everything is intact and made sure that cool n quiet is on in bios. did many stability testing and my cpu is stable. however voltage is stuck at 1.23v all the times even when the pc is idle and frequency is at 3.7ghz all the time. however, if i try to overclock through ryzen master only the frequency would drop when idle.

so is it some sort of a bug with my bios or is this the intended behaviour ? is it safe to leave my cpu overclocked like that in the long term bearing in mind that my cpu temp is identical to that on stock during load and when idle ?

forgot to mention that i am on windows balanced power plan and running the latest bios on my msi tomahawk arctic

0 Likes
1 Reply

That's your computer doing what it's supposed to. If you want to overclock while preserving the ability to clock down under idle, you must use P-state overclocking in BIOS which may or may not be supported on your motherboard.

0 Likes