cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mraffective
Adept I

Forced return of processor under warranty.

Hello, your authorized dealer (Media Markt) and service in Turkey (Destek Bilişim) is trying to sell my AMD Ryzen 5 3600x processor, with a stock excuse and price difference, instead of applying a refund and replacing my product under warranty, even though I requested a replacement, and holds you (AMD) responsible for this. Unfortunately, there is a huge price difference due to the dollar exchange rate. Although I think that you have nothing to do with this situation, I am waiting for your help, otherwise I regret to say that I will have to spread the situation on the forum and social media. Please contact me urgently.

destekbilisim.jpeg

0 Likes
13 Replies

If you purchased an official Retail Boxed AMD processor from a Retailer directly then once the Retailer's Warranty expires you can open a AMD Warranty ticket to have the processor replaced.

BUT if your processor is a OEM/TRAY Processor (doesn't come in a official AMD Retail box)AMD's Warranty is voided and the warranty is issued directly from the Retailer/Vendor of the AMD processor that sold you the AMD hardware.

Dear Elstacı, thank you very much for your comment.

The product was purchased from the Media Markt Bursa official store on June 18, 2020. However, after I bought my processor, processors, graphics cards and other computer hardware have increased tremendously due to the dollar rate of our country. Destek Bilişim, which is currently the distributor and authorized service of AMD in Turkey, uses it illegally and unfortunately forcibly returns my product, forcing them to sell me a new processor at an increased price, and blames AMD for this situation, using it as an excuse that they do not have stock. Below you can find photos of the closed box of the product.

I have reached out to Media Markt Turkey team in many ways to defend my rights, but no response has been received yet, unfortunately I feel compelled to try to make my voice heard to AMD. Thanks again for your message.

cpu1.jpegcpu2.jpeg

0 Likes

Okay you seemed to have purchased an Official AMD Retail processor so you have a 3 year AMD Warranty that you can use to return your processor if you feel it is defective.

Otherwise I not sure exactly what you are trying to do.

Did you turn in your AMD Processor under Warranty to Destek Bilişim for replacement or refund?

Destek Bilişim says they don't have it in stock and is asking you to purchase another processor instead at a higher price?

I realize English is not your native language but can you clarify exactly what you are trying to do with the AMD processor?

You can open a AMD Warranty request from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form

Tell them what is going on with your Warranty issue in Turkey and see what they say.

I'm pretty sure my processor was officially purchased in a sealed box, I have the receipt. My product is under warranty and there is no user error.

I sent my product to Destek Bilişim via Media Markt. They found the problem in the processor. They currently have my processor and they emailed me a return form (see the form above). However, as you guessed, instead of replacing the product, they are trying to return the product and resell it with a high price, making an excuse that they do not have stock, and they hold AMD responsible for this situation. There is almost a double price difference. I don't want to have to pay this price difference.

By the way, I apologize for any mistakes in my English.

Edit: I opened an Amd warranty request as you said. I had to open the issue to tell them about the problems caused by the authorized services in our country. I hope they will help because some of our citizens are not as conscious as I am about defending their rights and they have to accept such situations.

is it possible for you to translate what the document you uploaded says?

I am unable to translate it with my browser translation extension since it is a image.

EDIT: From what I understand about AMD Warranty, as a User only, is if AMD doesn't have the processor in stock they have the option of either giving a refund or replacing the processor with another processor of equal value or upgrading the processor if the other options are not available .

Here is AMD 3 year Warranty for a Retail Box processor: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-03

Screenshot 2021-07-14 172859.png

0 Likes

Translate

Return Approval

Customer attention (service registration number) product with registration number (product serial number)

AMD RYZEN 5 3600X 4.4 GHz AM4+ 95W Wraith

Brand/model return of product has been approved. You can request an exchange/return of the product through the company from which you purchased the product. Defective product will remain in service.

To the attention of the supplier (Service registration number), the return of the,

AMD RYZEN 5 3600X 4.4 GHz AM4+ 95W Wraith

brand/model product with registration number has been approved. It is appropriate to return it to the supplier company based on the purchase invoice. You can contact the company from which you purchased the product for your return transactions.

Regards.

Destek Bilişim.

Translate

Unfortunately, they are trying to get a refund even though I told Media Markt and them many times to change the product and I do not accept returns. Although I stated that the product has to be replaced with a higher model in cases where they do not have stock, they try not to change it by putting all the responsibility on AMD.

Based on the image linked about with the 3 options available 'at its sole option'

1) Fix it

2) Replace it with same or better

3) And if they can't do either 1 or 2 then its a Refund

I wonder if this is just the shop you bought it from being lazy and not wanting the hassel of replacing it for you and then going back to AMD as they should.

From what you have said and if it's all correct you are well within your right for a replacement of the same or better and there is stock atm.

Dear Nagrenol, Thank you for your message.

Everything I say is true and can be proven with evidence. About 3 minutes ago, I was called 2 times in a row by media markt. Since Destek Bilişim did not approve the change, they stated that they could not make a change even though they had a higher model (3700x). The process seems to be getting longer and longer. While Destek Bilişim makes decisions on behalf of AMD, they try to act according to their minds without reading the warranty page on the AMD official site.

If you ask me, this is not due to laziness, but to their desire to gain unfair advantage by selling to their customers at higher prices.

I think that AMD should hold themselves accountable on behalf of the people in Turkey, and I strive for this. Because people in our country are not very good at seeking their rights.

0 Likes

Thanks for the translation.

This is something that only AMD and Destek Bilişim can resolve. 

According to the AMD Warranty if Destek Bilişim doesn't have a replacement or upgrade then they will refund the price you paid for the processor as a last option.

Since Destek Bilişim wants to give you a refund that means that they don't have a replacement or upgrade processor to send to you.

I would wait for a reply from AMD Warranty and see what they say about your situation with Destek Bilişim and your processor.

Good luck!

I think I now realize your issue about getting a refund rather then receiving a replacement Processor.

If you get a refund it won't be enough to purchase another similar processor since the prices has increased in the last year in Turkey due to the Turkish Lira strength against the dollar.

So basically if you get a refund you will have to pay cash out of your pocket to get the same processor again.

Definitely Elstaci. When I bought my processor, I paid a fee of around 1700 Turkish lira, currently the price of 3600x model processors is almost 2800 Turkish lira. This situation seems extremely unfair to me and I think that Destek Bilişim is using this situation illegally. They may not even be deliberately holding stock on hand. I don't think it's my problem that they don't have products in stock, I want my processor replaced.

0 Likes

Unfortunately Destek Bilişim has the ultimate decision about your processor.  They are following the AMD Warranty by giving you a refund.

If they indeed are fabricating an excuse for not actually replacing the processor when they in fact do have processors as replacement I don't know what you can do under Turkish Consumer laws.  The company is following the rules of AMD Warranty so their actions aren't illegal.

This really isn't a AMD issue directly since it involves a AMD Distributor in Turkey and they are the ones in position to satisfy the AMD Warranty the way they feel it is the most appropriate for their situation.

all of the above is just my personal opinion on your situation.

I do feel sorry for you and your unfortunate situation.  But AMD Warranty doesn't take into account the economic situation at the time the AMD Warranty is used.

Maybe the AMD Warranty ticket you opened might help you get a replacement instead of a refund.

either way Good luck and take care.

0 Likes

@mraffective 

Hi again,

I just saw another Turkish User opened a Thread about his ThreadRipper being RMAed in Turkey under Warranty.  I linked this thread to his since it seems to be a similar situation as the one you had and show him what you went through dealing with your Turkish Retailer: https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/about-amd-threadripper-3990x-strx4-3-7-4-5-ghz-64c-128t/m-p/...

0 Likes