Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: For Those Who Are Having Problem With Ryzen 5 2400G

I have same problem.

PC: MB ab350m-hdv, latest BIOS 5.5, RAM G.skill f4-3000c15d-8gvgb (2x8Gb).

I know that this memory is not in the list of QVL, but it runs on a standard 2133MHz. The site G.skill indicated that it was tested for 3000 (power 1.35V), but this is for Intel.

So, when I OC memory to 3000MHz (Vram 1.35V) and after Windows is started system crash after few seconds - black screen.

Memtest86 does not find errors, in safe mode, everything works fine, if I uninstall the AMD Vega driver, it still works in normal mode.

On BIOS 5.1 I got stable work on 2733, after updating to 5.5 (Update AMD AGESA to 1.0.0.6.) stable work only on 2600.

Today I edit timing (on which the manufacturer tested, 15-15-15-35), and on 2800 I first got the BSOD (not a black screen)with error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

Are there anyway to get stable work on 3000MHz?

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Great post OP, thanks. I´ve been searching this for days after building a new system in an Asrock A300 and running into exactly this issue. I had a BSOD within minutes of starting any game. Oddly FurMark and Prime95 worked without issue, but CSGO would crash after a couple of rounds. I´ve re-downloaded and re-installed windows with no effect. Finally found this thread.

Adding the TdrDelay didn´t fix my issue, but TdrLevel=0 totally stopped the BSOD...at the expense of major artifacts and screen tearing when there would normally be a BSOD. Then game crashed to desktop.

Figuring it was a memory issue I downclocked RAM from 3200 to Auto (2933, CAS 22), no change.

Next I upped the RAM voltage from 1.2V to 1.35V (desktop system but uses SODIMM with default voltage of 1.2, no finer control than those 2 options). That extended duration before crashes, but didn´t fix it.

Next I upped SOC voltage from auto to 1.4V. This fixed EVERYTHING. I suspect there were some voltage or power draw spikes or something going on that caused instability. Next I´ll try re-upping the RAM speed and lowering CAS latency back to optimal but if I have to leave them here I´ll still be happy.

Specs:

Asrock A300 barebones (no idea which chipset it uses)

Ryzen 5 2400g

Noctua L9a

2x4Gb Crucial 3200Mhz CL22 SODIMM

Corsair P1 NVME SSD

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

1.4 on SOC? wasn't 1.2 the maximum safe voltage for that?

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I flash latest BIOS (5.90) and now finally i got stable work at 3000 MHz

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Looking around that seems to be the consensus, but I couldn't figure out what the default voltage was so guessed (BIOS goes up to 1.6V!). It was stable and didn't get above 70oC under synthetic load so not sure >1.2V is really unsafe. Anyway, after a (finally) a day of crash-free games I started backing off the voltage. Currently at 1.2V without crashes.

RAM speed of 3200Mhz still causes crashes though, even with ultra loose default timings (CL22)

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I've been having a really hard time to stabilize my 2400G iGPU to run at 1500 without giving more than 1.2v on soc. LLC came to rescue. It was set on auto and I set that on high. now the voltage doesn't go above 1.2 and it's stable.

I've also overclocked the ram from 2400 MHz to 3066 (without adding extra voltage) but if I go further it makes iGPU oc unstable.

keep vCore under 1.38 and Soc under 1.2. that'll help with temps as well.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Used 2200G like 1.5 years and never had any issues, ram OC'd 2400 CL14-->3200 CL18 1.35V, iGPU OC'd from 1.1GHz to 1.7GHz, no CPU OC, all voltage specs other than RAM on AUTO

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi, I don't think you have experienced all of the problems with this processor, I have purchased a brand new Ryzen 5 2400G and an ASUS ROG STRIX X570-I Gaming Motherboard and this CPU does not even get to the bios stage - the motherboard is reporting a CPU problem, the memory modules are 2 x 8Gb G.Skill DDR4-3200 and a 1Tb Samsung 970EVOPlus chip, and a new 600W PSU - was hoping for a blistering fast setup and got a brick of a PC, has anyone else had any issues where the fans spin and that's about it? any help is gratefully appreciated.

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Firstly I apologize for any mistake, as English is not my native language. Well, I was also having problems with RAM at 3200mhz, BSOD and freezing. After some time testing several things just increasing the DRAM to 1.350v solved everything. Even though the RAM manufacturer and XMP profile indicate 1,200v it didn't work for me.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I had what I think is a similar problem-- I use MSI B450 tomahawk as MB, had an ADATA spectrix d41 8GB 2666 1.2 V working fine. Then, I tried to upgrade to a 16GB (2 x 8GB) RipJaws V  3200 1.35 V instead-- in the standard dual channel slots. The cpu red led will go off and that it; no booting, or BIOS. I removed the second stick, and the gpu led went off, but the screen showed an error message asking if I want to choose the default setting (can't remember the exact phrase), when I prompt that it worked fine (at 2133 though, not the full 3200). I tried two sticks with one RipJaws and the Adata spectrix, and the same took place-- cpu red led on, nothing is working.
I don't know if the problem is the MB or the APU or both, but I gave up, and went back to my 2666 old ram out of desperation!

Any help would be more than appreciated, TIA..

0 Kudos