Did you mean: 

Processors

david-
Adept I

Fix Ryzen 7 2700X to 3.7 Ghz

Hi,

I have a windows 10 configuration with :

Ryzen 7 2700X

MSI X470 Gaming Plus (last bios version)

Gskill 2x8Go DDR4 F4-3200C16D-16GVGB

ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX700

1 HDD SAMSUNG 750 Go HD753LJ SCSI (E:/)

1 HDD Seagate 2 To (A:/)

1 SSD CRUCIAL 1To CT1000MX500SSD1 SCSI (C:/)

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2Gen

I am having DPC latency issues (https://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-10-a/26607-latency-dpc-issue-audio-clicks-pops.html#post235...), I have sometimes a latency peak, so the sound makes a "bippppppppppp" bug. (support contacted, they said to optimze W10 for audio)

I also have Ableton crash with "clang.mxe64", in crash dump I can see "Access violation - code c0000005 / ntdll". (support contacted, they don't know)

I've formated my PC, to clean it.

I still have DPC issues and Ableton crashes ( for Ableton, it's only if I'am using "clang.mxe64", if I remove it Ableton is working fine, but I can't have all Ableton features).

I don't know if it is the right place for my questions but it is very strange to have all this problems, I don't know if all my problems comes from AMD hardware/drivers, DDR4 or CPU.

When I run LatecyMoon, the report said to disable AMD Cool and Quiet, and to disable CPU Throttling, in the BIOS I set a CPU ratio to 37and disabled :

- AMD Cool&Quiet

- Precision boost

- Relaxed EDC

- C1 state

- Spread spectrum

Why my CPU has a variable frequency ?

I can see Bus speed in CPUZ changing between 99.95 and 100.02 Mhz, so the frequency is not 3.7 Ghz, it could be :

99.95 x 37 = 3698.15,

100.02 x 37 = 3700.74

181104024614155355.png

here is the LatencyMoon report :

CPU SPEED

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Reported CPU speed: 370 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

How to fix Ryzen 7 2700X to 3.7 Ghz ?

My DDR4 is not in this list, can this cause problems wit Ableton and DPC Latency, or drivers ?

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X470-GAMING-PLUS#support-mem-14

0 Likes
0 Replies