cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Awesumneo
Adept I

Far Cry new dawn Issue

So before the latest Far cry 6 comes to the play wanted to play the last released Far cry new Dawn but the game crashes as soon as it is launched. Tried using Administrator access the game still crashes. So after googling found about the issue with AMD CPUs. So wanted to ask if there was any solution to the problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks. 

I think Ubisoft support are pretty bad at responding or helping with anything. 
It took them 1 month of me seriously nagging them to get them to honor delivery of a free game code with an SSD I purchased.
I would have been better to just buy the  game myself, given the amount of work it was to get the code. 

However I do not like anyone getting ripped off.
They will likely just blame AMD CPUs, and let people who bought the game pay for nothing they can use. 
Maybe you should push Ubisoft for a refund of the game you purchased that does not work? 

Bye. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Need your system specifications. 

Just tried Far Cry New Dawn on Ryzen R7 2700X + Nvidia Palit RTX 2080 GamingPro OC. 
It launches fine with no problems and plays great. 
I can test it on an AMD GPU but since you discuss CPU I see no reason to. 

Thanks. 

Ryzen 3600

Gtx 1660ti

32gb DDR4 ram

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cva2e1/does_anyone_have_the_same_problem_with_far_cry/

it seems the problem is with zen 2 and not with Zen +, i guess.

Thank you for giving more information about the problem. 

Maybe it is just on Zen2. 
I just ran Far Cry 2 for 2 hours on an RX Vega 64 Liquid with an HBM2 overclock and HBCC turned on at 4K Ultra settings. 
I had to turn Radeon Chill on to keep the GPU FPS and temps down when doing nothing, but the game runs great on that GPU. 
I am getting ~59 FPS in the game at those extremely high resolutions and settings. 

I have a Zen 2 system but it is busy.
I will see if I can try it out sometime soon. 
Maybe someone else on this forum can try running the game on their Zen2 CPU before I get a chance.

Did you try Ubisoft Support and ask them about problems with Zen2 on the game? 
Thanks.

Yes, I did leave feedback on Ubisoft support but got no reply from them. Hope its not with Far Cry 6, I'll be really disappointed.  

Thanks. 

I think Ubisoft support are pretty bad at responding or helping with anything. 
It took them 1 month of me seriously nagging them to get them to honor delivery of a free game code with an SSD I purchased.
I would have been better to just buy the  game myself, given the amount of work it was to get the code. 

However I do not like anyone getting ripped off.
They will likely just blame AMD CPUs, and let people who bought the game pay for nothing they can use. 
Maybe you should push Ubisoft for a refund of the game you purchased that does not work? 

Bye. 

It Worked on my old intel laptop although had to turn the quality to medium but is playable. So I think I'll keep the game but will try pushing.

Thanks For the help.

0 Likes