cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

chrisdelaat
Journeyman III

fan on my ryzen 5 1600 cpu quit ...what next???

is there a quick link to create an rma? is there a chat available?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Are you sure it actually quit and it's not just unplugged or turning off due to low temperature?

HEy. I was working for the longest time.but I notice that I got the blue screen of death a couple times and also noticed that my fan wasnt fanning LOL.

The cpu was smoking hot so it was not low temp.

I found an old fan and plugged it in to the cpu fan port and bingo.it works and is keeping it cool.

BUT>>>The fan that works is only a 3 wire not a for like the original.
I assume the fourth wire allows for variable speed.

I have tried to open an RMA through AMD but they have not gotten back to me yet.

The CPU is 11 moths old.

I didn not expect this to happen.

Could it be my bios needs an update?

would that affect anything?

I mean it work before.

0 Likes

3 wire allows for DC fan control, the fourth is for PWM. Personally I prefer DC fan control since it doesn't cause the noises PWM can, but it is possible for fans to just up and die, and honestly it'd be best for you to buy an aftermarket cooler since by the time you pay for shipping for the RMA it'd cost you quite a bit, plus you don't have to fool with removing your CPU and being completely out of a desktop for a week or so.

0 Likes

what I would do If i were you is to buy a coller master large radiator , the fan will spin at such a low speed , you won't hear anything...  What best than a silent computer.. They're not so expensive...  my amd cooler is in the box...  too noisy for me.  If you're Canadian I can sell it to you, cheap.  The best part about the Cooler master large radiator is that it will fit all your future cpu and mobo.  Mine is working for the last 15 years.  Intel, amd   ...

0 Likes