cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

manglor
Journeyman III

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE what does this mean? its whats causing my computer to crash all the time

please help

0 Likes
4 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Re: FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE what does this mean? its whats causing my computer to crash all the time

very difficult to answer without any computer information. But found this old Microsoft Forum that indicates that most likely it is a hardware issue  with the same error you are getting: Getting tons of BSOD's .

Here another more recent website with tips on how to fix your problem. it also mentions that error 0x124 is likely hardware issues: BSOD HELP! - Windows Crashes and Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Help and Support

Most concerns with Windows 7 but if you have Windows 10 it probably still is valid since it most likely is hardware and not software problem.

0 Likes
manglor
Journeyman III

Re: FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE what does this mean? its whats causing my computer to crash all the time

thank you after researching this, i think my old phenom 2 1100t black edition is over heating

0 Likes
manglor
Journeyman III

i cant even find new drivers for this processor on amd's website so the must of just phased it out, probably for the same reasons

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Re: FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE what does this mean? its whats causing my computer to crash all the time

CPU Processors doesn't require drivers unless you have a APU (CPU with integrated Graphics). APU need drivers only for the grahics part of the CPU.

Download and install a free hardware monitoring software like HARDWARE MONITOR or HWMONITOR. That will let you know if anything is overheating or not getting enough power.

0 Likes