cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

goldenvenom
Adept I

failed to initialize SCEP-Certificationregistration

Hi, the following error occures and sometimes after that my pc crashes completly:

Setup:
Asus Prime x570 Pro
Ryzen 7 5800x
Corsair 64GB SL DDR4 3600mhz
Asus rtx 3090

I think these all the relevant components for that issue. If i missed anything, just ask and i'll add.

I updated every driver that i could find, manually. Took me a long run but won't solve the issue. Sometimes my pc works 2 days without any issue but today: crashed again and my event-viewer shows the error where i hard-rebooted and the SCEP-Error.

*German but the errors that are important are english*
Replaced my pc name with <name>

Fehler bei der Initialisierung der SCEP-Zertifikatregistrierung für <name>$ über https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep:

GetCACaps
GetCACaps: Not Found
{"Message":"The authority \"amd-keyid-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net\" does not exist."}
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 12:37:35 GMT
Content-Length: 121
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains
x-ms-request-id: 2c31ff36-9d64-4077-a42b-2752e23512f8

Methode: GET(172ms)
Phase: GetCACaps
Nicht gefunden (404). 0x80190194 (-2145844844 HTTP_E_STATUS_NOT_FOUND)

2 Solutions
yagma
Journeyman III

Visit, "amd-keyid-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net" in a web browser, you will see it says "does not exist", because we misconfigured our attestation server, for well over a year now.

View solution in original post

Yeah, no SCEP-error for over 2 month now.

I believe it was the previous chipset update. So, go and have a look at your chipset-driver and hit update!

View solution in original post

26 Replies

Found this recent Microsoft Document thread about the same error. It seems quite a few Users are having the same error as you: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/537944/tpm-event-logger-error-after-cpu-swap-even...

It is 3 pages long.

Thank you for your reply, i never found this thread. So i'll try the steps mentioned. I never considered to disable TPM due Win11 won't boot(?) but maybe it works to solve the request. I already deleted the Security Data of tpm. but yeah, ill keep this thread updated if it works!

ok ok, my bios is trolling me

whenever i disable tpm and boot (just fine) into windows and check tpm, it tells me its still ready?

After rechecking bios.. its reenabled?!

when disabled TPM did you get the error again?

After it enabled itself again in BIOS did you continue to get the same error?

You might have another BIOS setting enabled that is preventing TPM from being permanently disabled.

0 Likes

Yeah, error reoccures. I try to unplug the ssd where the os is running on and look wheather my board is broken as mentioned.

So, i tried a few things and i'm at a point where i have 2 options. 

1. Back to 10 and disable tpm

2. disable task what i fogured out earlier with deleting tpm via Defender.

I try to stick with 2 - > 
Search for "Task Sceduler" ->drop "Microsoft" ->drop "Windows" ->click "CertificateServiceClient" -> set the "AikCertEnrollTask" to disabled & restart. After restart go to Security Chip (or TPM) delete it and restart. The error is gone.

referenced to TPM event logger error after cpu swap, Event id 86 - Microsoft Q&A Page 4, MS figured it out and is working on a fix. Will keep you updated, if the error gets fixed for future searches. In many forums there only questions and sometimes the user figured a solution but never explained it. 

Still experiencing this with a 5900X, clean Windows 11 installation, entirely new hardware, all updates installed (firmware, chipset, OS).

R9 5900X • Corsair H150i Pro XT (360mm) • Asus ROG B550-E • 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 CL18 • EVGA RTX 3080 Hybrid (240mm) • Corsair RM850X • WD Blue 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD • 2 * WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD • 2 * Toshiba N300 8TB

Step 2 did not work for me. I asume you mean TPM within the OS and not BIOS?

The task is disabled but still errors.

Fun fact is, that Windows wouldn't allow me to login if there would be a real issue with TPM. So this error is not related to TPM or not that bad. But like many other I also get errors like disconnected devices with ID's that not even exists. And no I have not a tree of USB devices with many HD on it.

0 Likes

An SCEP error is normal on startup if you are not connected/registered to the IT provider.

It's quite complicated, but MS deems every one as Domain or Workgroup.

You need to spend many hours reading up on Azure.

Don't know about Win 11, but Win10 (for me) error 86 has never caused a system crash with ftpm.

You use to be able to opt out of workgroup and run as home/personal pc, but last few times i tried did not stick.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Ryzen 7 2700x, RX580x, Win 10 Home

System has been stable since new (2 years).

I've been getting this error on startup since late Nov last year.

Seemed to start after an update that Win 10 and Win 11 users got.

I'm not part of a domain (edit - issue refers to the missing certificate, so not a Workgroup matter at all)) .

There are hundreds upon hundreds of AMD users with the same issue, some getting the error repeatedly not just on startup.

Since the error started showing up I've had a couple of blue screens, system slow down and other minor niggles.

Microsoft suggest it is an AMD issue. I honestly have no idea but it is annoying.

I've been through all the usual steps including a complete Win 10 fresh install.

'not part of a workgroup.....'

Have a look at 'system properties > computer name' and in the 'network id' and 'change' settings.

There are some amd files/folders (forgot where) named 'workgroup........ ', maybe they contribute to the error (i don't know) ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

My 'not part of a workgroup' comment was referring to the certificate issue.

Only started late Nov 2021.

Cetificate does not exist.

I suspect it was MS rolling out the AMD TPM fixes they did for Win 11 (slow down for AMD based machines) and Win 10 got it as well in prep.

0 Likes

Well, it seems that whatever i try to change, TPM will stay active, even CMOS or a new bios flash. 

The error is reoccuring. hopefully it won't result in crashes anymore. I'll leave it for now

0 Likes

I suggest you open a Motherboard Support ticket and see if your motherboard is defective.

Whenever you re-flash the BIOS or do a CMOS CLEAR it should be in its Default status without any settings enabled except the default ones.

mackbolan777
Forerunner

Well, thought I'd never need to be back but... This issue causes error 18 and 19, with random restart, on my PC running Windows 10 x64 Pro. Without going into specs totally, this is a 5600X CPU with an Asus TUF Gaming X570 PLUS, and it started today.

I turned the fTPM on about 2 weeks ago to see if that would allow Windows to "pre-approve" Windows 11, which doing so did clear up that part. I don't want to go to Windows 11 just yet, because of issues like these. Apparently, whether Microsoft admits it or not, this is an issue with a recent Windows Update that added fTPM/TPM CA's for Windows 11. This spans AMD and Intel, probably others. The "Insider" channel said it's fixed, I wait for the final builds. Remember, they said 10 was "final" and it was buggy as this, no surprise here. This isn't the first Update to cause a BSOD or random restart either. Which one did it? Who knows?

Unless you have a burning desire to run Windows 11, let it be for a bit. It's a nightmare of bugs, far from "final". I'm going to disable the PSP for now in BIOS and I won't be back again, hopefully. Windows 10 is good for a few more years, plenty of time for Microsoft to fix this or we need to buy a 3rd party TPM. My board has a spot for one, however, I should be able to use the built in PSP/fTPM.  

Workaround for now is disable the fTPM in BIOS if you're running Windows 10. Otherwise, the "Insider" track has a fix allegedly. Good luck.

*Update 1/2/22 Happy New Year! No more errors with the fTPM off and "discrete TPM" enabled. If you leave the setting at "firmware TPM", you will still get the errors. My shutdowns were from TIM failure, so I re-pasted the CPU and good to go. I should really just go liquid metal, but not comfortable with the risks. Windows 11 has nothing I need in it, so it can wait. It looks like we may need to buy 3rd party TPM's unless AMD and Microsoft can resolve the CA issue. My board supports a TPM, but I hope they just resolve this.

"It worked before you broke it!"

Hello all,

Any update on this?

I posted now on 3 different places my latest feedback, but still no solution.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127422-TPM-error-SCEP-Certificate-enrollment-initializatio...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/537944/tpm-event-logger-error-after-cpu-swap-even...

and here.

Please AMD if you want to overtake Intel you need to solve such problems as soon as possible. I was for years joiner of team blue and switched back after decades to team red. But I see you still struggle with basics.

I can offer to send more details of my system but we need to stop ansering questions like do you have the latest drivers etc.

Please escalate this issue here and provide support.

Also I see people replacing their CPU's with RMA and solving this... I wonder if this is a CPU production issue? Can't be from my point of view but I am not able to verify this by myself...

"

Please AMD if you want to overtake Intel you need to solve such problems as soon as possible. I was for years joiner of team blue and switched back after decades to team red. But I see you still struggle with basics.

I can offer to send more details of my system but we need to stop ansering questions like do you have the latest drivers etc.

Please escalate this issue here and provide support."

And it's the lack of meaningful support from AMD, and what appears to be incompetence, that stopped me (and over a thousand workstations I'm in charge of...) using AMD for a decade. After trying AMD once more in a personal capacity, it appears nothing has changed in terms of useful support and a trouble-free experience.

In fact, the most useful support I've received from AMD is a two sentence reply to a reddit post from Robert Hallock. It's odd to find AMD's official forum apparently experiencing a perpetual staff shortage.

Despite Zen 3's excellent energy efficiency, and a few other features, Intel products just work and support is excellent both by phone and with Intel's official forum. AMD needs to have its support staff engage with users on this forum, or simply close it down.

R9 5900X • Corsair H150i Pro XT (360mm) • Asus ROG B550-E • 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600 CL18 • EVGA RTX 3080 Hybrid (240mm) • Corsair RM850X • WD Blue 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD • 2 * WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD • 2 * Toshiba N300 8TB

I purchased a discrete TPM module for 20 bucks and now the error is gone for me. Also the random freeze's are gone too.

Looks that Intel has more stakeholders at MS then AMD. After a decade of Intel my assumtion is, that AMD is still kind of a DYI platform. I never spent so much time into a new build as I was forced now with Team red. (good old memories)

Sorry to say but if Intel manages to bring GPU with a fair price tag, this will be my last red build and I stick to team blue.

This error here should not exists if AMD would be into details like Intel. I am not a fan boy of Intel, they are not perfect... but stable.

Hi pal, I have the same problem. And when I play games, Apex Legends, the game crashes my windows, to force me to restart the windows through the physical button, which is not recommended. Microsoft doesn't seem to be paying enough attention to this gross error -__- I find this error in "event viewwe". I agree with you when you mention AMD before Intel. A stupid mistake that should have a solution right away.

0 Likes

Dos the system freezes only when you play games  ?

I have the same problem but the system freezes just when i play games 

i lowered the GPU clock and the problem solved, But playing on a low clock is a new problem for me

0 Likes

Hello, i have a question for you i would like to do the same but when i set up to discrete tpm and boot it did not change and stay on firmware tpm.

Also how did you disable the amd psp?

i really want to get rid of those

thank you mackbolan777

0 Likes
maisondasiilva
Journeyman III

Same here

Amd or Microsoft is Can you solve?

https://aka.ms/AAfps2b

0 Likes
yagma
Journeyman III

Visit, "amd-keyid-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net" in a web browser, you will see it says "does not exist", because we misconfigured our attestation server, for well over a year now.

Yeah, no SCEP-error for over 2 month now.

I believe it was the previous chipset update. So, go and have a look at your chipset-driver and hit update!

DanHot
Journeyman III

Fresh win10 install and AMD or Microsoft didnt fix the bug for over 1 year, disgusting.