cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Raptyy
Adept I

Exact ram I have installed

How can I find the exact ram I have installed? I am trying to purchase the same thing but can not find it. btw I am kinda uneducated and dumb when it comes to RAM or really anything.

0 Likes
1 Solution

That is unusual that it can't read the Patriot Part Number.

Hey I found this Tech site that shows how you can find out the Part Number and Manufacturer of your RAM using a Elevated Command Prompt: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-get-full-memory-specs-speed-size-type-part-number-form-factor-win...

Screenshot 2022-02-19 231725.png

Run Command  Prompt with Administration Rights and then enter the following command lines as per the image above:

To find the RAM Manufacturer input:  wmic memorychip get devicelocator, manufacturer

To find the RAM Part Number input:    wmic memorychip get devicelocator, partnumber

Or if the above doesn't work you can remove the RAM Memory from your PC and physically look at the Module to see if it has the Part Number written on it.

If that doesn't give you the entire Part Number then you would need to open a Support Ticket with the manufacturer of the PC if you bought a complete PC computer rather then you built it yourself.

NOTE: Just copy and paste the commands in Command Prompt from above and hitting enter for each separate command once you pasted it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Download a free program called SPECCY which will give you the part number and model of the RAM you have installed.

Another free program is called CPU-Z under the tab called "SPD". There it shows the Part Number of the RAM you have installed.

But I believe SPECCY give out more information than CPU-Z that way you will know what Hardware and software you have installed in your PC for future use.

NOTE: IF you can't find the same exact RAM Part number to purchase I suggest that you purchase a complete RAM Set with the amount of RAM you want to install to prevent incompatibility issues with Motherboard and Processor.

Also Single RAM Modules may have a slightly different part number ending then one that comes in a set.

0 Likes

in CPU-Z it says my partnumber is 3000 c16 series. How can I find it using this info? If I cant find it, I will go with your idea.

0 Likes

In CPU-Z it should show the entire Part number under the tab "SPD" like mine is showing as an example:

Once you see the Part Number and Manufacturer for your RAM just use Google Search or whatever Search you use input the exact RAM Number and then hit enter.

Just Google the "Part Number of the RAM plus Retailer"It should show you what Retailers sells that RAM.

Or just go to the RAM Manufacturer website and input the Part number.

0 Likes

The part number is just 3000 c16 series. Is it because I have Patriot RAM?

Raptyy_0-1645813734014.png

0 Likes

That is unusual that it can't read the Patriot Part Number.

Hey I found this Tech site that shows how you can find out the Part Number and Manufacturer of your RAM using a Elevated Command Prompt: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-get-full-memory-specs-speed-size-type-part-number-form-factor-win...

Run Command  Prompt with Administration Rights and then enter the following command lines as per the image above:

To find the RAM Manufacturer input:  wmic memorychip get devicelocator, manufacturer

To find the RAM Part Number input:    wmic memorychip get devicelocator, partnumber

Or if the above doesn't work you can remove the RAM Memory from your PC and physically look at the Module to see if it has the Part Number written on it.

If that doesn't give you the entire Part Number then you would need to open a Support Ticket with the manufacturer of the PC if you bought a complete PC computer rather then you built it yourself.

NOTE: Just copy and paste the commands in Command Prompt from above and hitting enter for each separate command once you pasted it.

Thank you!

0 Likes

what was the Part Number to your Patriot RAM?

0 Likes