cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dothenut
Journeyman III

Every game Crashing Ryzen 5 3600 b350m msi gaming pro

Every game crashes after i changed my processor from ryzen 3 1200 to ryzen 5 3600.

I added msinfo and DxDiag files so mabye someone could help me with this problem

0 Likes
23 Replies
mcalin
Adept III

have you adjusted your page file size? (virtual memory)

msi shows :

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 7.95 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.95 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.89 GB
Total Virtual Memory 21.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 14.4 GB
Page File Space 13.0 GB
Page File D:\pagefile.sys

Just let Windows manage your page file and try again.

Also one of your sticks of ram maybe faulty as it is only reporting 7.95gb ram, are you running 2 x 4gb sticks ram? if so remove one and check if its reporting true 4.0gb ram, swap over and see if one reports less.

>Right click on This PC and open Properties.
>Select Advanced System Properties.
>Click Advanced tab.
>Under Performance, click Settings.
>Under Performance Options, click Advanced tab.
>Here under Virtual memory pane, select Change.
>check Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.

Also update your BIOS as the Beta version out now has support for 3rd gen Ryzen 

current BIOS version for your board is: 7A39v2NM(Beta version)

Support Ryzen 3000 series CPU. Ryzen 9 3900X/Ryzen 7 3800X/Ryzen 7 3700X/Ryzen 5 3600X/Ryzen 5 3600/Ryzen 5 3400G/Ryzen 3 3200G

0 Likes

No i have only a single ram stick of 8gb

0 Likes

Ok i'll let you know if that fixed that for me.

0 Likes

I already have this bios version installed

0 Likes

20190816_175955.jpgIn bios it says that i have exactly 8gb of ram

0 Likes
dothenut
Journeyman III

Problem still presists,  after setting paging file to automatic

0 Likes
dothenut
Journeyman III

Im getting a crash on every game like: GTA 5, COD:Blackops4 and even on Hearthstone

0 Likes
dothenut
Journeyman III

I Think i got  it why i get the crashes. I Think that mobo or cpu with this bios version is managing ram incorrectly. here's hearthstone crash log... It says that the aplication ran out of ram space. Am I right ? mcalin

It says that physical memory 0 MB free. and i think it's not a coincidence that i get these crashes only on this bios version

0 Likes
dothenut
Journeyman III

Amd you need to get a fix asap

0 Likes
dothenut
Journeyman III

Update: Just did a memtest86 4 times, and every test had 0 errors so now i definitely know that is not a ram issue it's bios or cpu one.20190817_165247.jpg

0 Likes

You did reïnstall windows after changing processor ?

0 Likes

nope i guess i'll try that

0 Likes

yes, certainly do so,... It possible things work when you install a new processor however it is strongly advised to reinstall the whole system because it's really the hart of the computer where the software get's configured around.

0 Likes
dothenut
Journeyman III

clearing the drive and reinstalling  windows did not fixed the issue. I was playing CS:GO for 20 minutes crashed without any error. I checked the event viewer here's the problem but i don't know what it is:

Faulting application name: csgo.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c058004
Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll, version: 26.21.14.3160, time stamp: 0x5d2f8717
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0074cd97
Faulting process id: 0x2464
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5553fddddf57a
Faulting application path: D:\Steamas\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_547eeefb57db4499\nvd3dum.dll
Report Id: f18a01af-4787-4319-b471-49f40d88066d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

0 Likes
dothenut
Journeyman III

As I read on the internet the exception code error: 0xc0000005 is driver based and you cannot do anything about it please let amd know about this problem and please let them fix as fast as possible.

0 Likes
mcalin
Adept III

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_547eeefb57db4499\nvd3dum.dll shows its your video card or software causing the problem.

Uninstall all unnecessary software from computer such as Razer Chroma then reinstall your Nvidia software but use the *WIZARD* and let it select the correct software.

imho i think this is a Nvidia problem.

PS: we are not AMD employees we do this for free in a effort to help you out of the goodness of our hearts, a little appreciation goes a long way,  if you want direct support from AMD open a ticket!

The key info here is : you played for 20 minutes then crashed, could also be a temp problem with CPU, RAM, GPU, Chipset etc

Can you install Speccy and paste a image here please.

0 Likes

Speccy.pngSpeccy2.png

On this processor cpu temps can only be shown by ryzen master. when i game the gpu and cpu temps are 60 - 65 C never goes above 70 C. Also as u said I have a fresh install of windows without any programs on it. I tested csgo with only nvidia drivers, cpu chipset drivers and steam  installed.

mcalin‌ you might be right about Nvidia problem. But from now i think I can't do anything on my own I need some input from Nvidia or AMD's end.

0 Likes

Glad windows works now. It can be a driver issue since this is a new platform, you should contact nvidia about, easiest is to start a chat session on their support website. 

0 Likes
ju30
Journeyman III

Hello, 

Sorry to disturb you after a long time. 

You found a fix? I have exactly the same problem... 

Sorry for my bad english... 

Kind regards

0 Likes
sammyjonhson
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have this same issue, particularly with Origin games (Bf4 and battlefront 2), though it happens on Modern Warfare as well sometimes. I have found that disabling hyper-threading seems to fix the issue. I cannot tell if this is an issue on MSI's end of AMD. It is a real pain because there isn't much use buying a 12 thread processor if I can't even use it...

0 Likes
ju30
Journeyman III

Sorry, for late I just found a fix for me too, 

I open ryzen master and disable my 2 best cores... 

All games works fine now  

0 Likes

BROOO I was having this problem for a year now.....until I disabled 2 cores. **bleep** !! I tried so many stuff.
I must cry you saved me. 
Nothing helped,

NEWEST BIOS
Fresh Install WIndows 10
Latest GPU Drivers
Latest Chipset drivers
Latest DirectX Drivers
Tried, PCI Gen 3
Tried Setting Current To Typical
Tried XMP and NO XMP
I can go on and on. Nothing helped man but this helped !! 
I am so thankfull man !!

0 Likes
trickveira
Adept I

Hi, even though it's been a while, did you manage to solve this problem?

Currently I have the same problems, games and apps closing alone, errors in internet browsers and some blue screens. Most errors mention error code 0xc0000005.

I changed the motherboard and the problem persists, which makes me think it's my faulty Ryzen 5 3600.

Does anyone have any news on how to mitigate this?

0 Likes