cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Every core on my FX 8320E seem to be locked.

Hello, I recently realised that all of my cores on my 8320e are locked for some reasons. I've attached a screenshot to this thread just to show. Is there any way to unlock them? All of the sliders for multipliers except for the first one are greyed out too, and moving the first one doesn't change anything anyway. I've attached a screenshot of that too.

My motherboard is an ASROCK 960gc-gs fx. Every kind of help would be appreciated.

Regards, Sovlo.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Every core on my FX 8320E seem to be locked.

They're not locked, they have to all be adjusted the same, so what's applied to core 0 is applied to all of them.

Esteemed Contributor III

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thanks for your answers but there must be something wrong somewhere. Every core is locked at a *7 multiplier, no matter what I do, I did some test I'm gonna post the screenshot (via imgur this time it'll be more practical)

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Sorry about the picture order it's kinda wrong I'm not used to using imgur for that kind of things

0 Kudos
Big Boss
Big Boss

Do the second picture when your CPU is under load. WinRar test, 7Zip test or something quite heavy.

Just uncheck "sélectionner tous les coeurs" see below (if you can)

8320E.JPG

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have a post waiting for approval where I show how the cores are acting during a stress test.

I can't uncheck "selectionner tout les coeurs" no matter what I do

0 Kudos
Big Boss
Big Boss

You just can't overclock FX cores separately. And really you don't need to.

Overclock in BIOS is more preferable.

i just looked at your pictures...Something wrong with your AMD overdrive.Its sensors just not working.Uninstall it for good.

Use HWinfo64 (sensors) to control your system parameters.

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I uninstalled Overdrive and installed HWinfo64 right after as you said, unfortunately it shows pretty much the same.

I did some stress test as well with hwinfo64 for science and here are the results

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

0 Kudos
Big Boss
Big Boss

I need ALL information from HWinfo64(sensors)

First of all reset your BIOS to defaults settings. But your 8320e is not in list of supported processors for Asrock 960gc-gs fx. Try to contact Asrock.

Honestly, this motherboard is not the best choice.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

FX 8320e actually is in the list of supported processor for my motherboard according to their website Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

What do you mean by "HWinfo64 (sensor)"? If it's clicking on the "sensor" button and then giving you all the informations available then there it is : Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (if you mean something else or more I'm gonna need your guidance)

0 Kudos