cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

blaster11
Journeyman III

Event-18 WHEA Error accompanied by Kernel event 41

So I've got this error 2 times with a three day gap.

I have tested my RAM with memtest86 and did 2 passes with zero errors.

Specs: 

MSI Mortar Max motherboard

AMD ryzen 5 2600

Gigabyte gtx 1660 super OC

Corsair vengeance 16 gb 3200mhz (8x2)

Corsair cv 550 watt power supply

5 Replies

Same thing with me man.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hWr4FG 

This is my system. I'm not even gonna type everything out, AMD support reps can look at my post history on here. I've posted to reddit countless times in the past week about this issue.

Not happy with this AMD. Seems like a widespread problem to me.

0 Likes

Go to BIOS and return to factory settings. Set your RAM speed to 3200 after reboot. And try your system like this for a while after rebooting.

If the problem persists, go back to the BIOS and manually set the CPU Core Ratio to 43 multiplier. And after rebooting, try your system at these settings for a while.

If you're still having problems, set CPU Core Ration to 42. And lower the RAMs to 3000.
If you're not having problems, set CPU Core Ration to 44. And higher the RAMs to 3400.
So... Try to find stable settings and if the problem still persists return the motherboard and get a different one.

Note: I do not own the 3700x. So for what speeds, which motherboard will apply what voltage and to what extent? I do not know... You should try to make your system stable by answering these questions. Or you should return the motherboard.

0 Likes

I've had the same issue and swapped every component you can swap and it's not the motherboard. I've tried b550 tomahawk and x570 aorus master. I'm on 5600x and I have a 3900x and tested with the 3900x, no problems. Seems to me just certain CPUs are destined to be outside the parameters for normal function and should probably be replaced 

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

0 Likes

Thanks I will try that, though it hasn't happened since I added the post here, after the last time I updated my gpu drivers, checked my connections remounted both ssd and hard drives.

I think it had something to do with the latest nvidia drivers but idk.