Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

byakko089
Journeyman III

Error on Ryzen 5 1600

Hello, good morning to everyone.

I have 2 queries that I need to technically evacuate.

1) the Ryzen 5 1600 does not support ram memory over 2667?

2) For a long time it has been throwing me IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors, memory manager, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, I don't know if this is because point number 1 is affecting it since I have a memory of 3000 mhz 8 GB X2.

It should be clarified that the setie to 2667 in bios, with all its xmp configuration and continues to throw the same problems. sometimes it directly lets me restart my computer alone without any notice or blue screen or sometimes it throws the above mentioned errors without even having done something in the system or the system totally freezes me without having started a session for example. after that the whole computer stops responding, nor does it reach the bios, it does not give video and it does not throw mother beep errors.

and i want to define if it is a processor or memory problem to buy the replacement.

0 Likes
8 Replies
mccharle
Elite

Hello byakko089,

to check DRAM integrity you can launch MEMTEST software or Memory Diagnostic from Windows 10.

If memory test fail, try to lower speed ram.

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors many times occurs from bad drivers or hard disk fault. Try chkdsk c: /F /R from command line window.

0 Likes

I work in IT. dropped the issue of test and repair.

1) operating system installed 3 times out of 0.

2) Memtest and stress test were done to the hardware and at that point it does not throw an error.

0 Likes

If no errors with Memtest, DRAM is working well, so we should investigate on hard drive failure and drivers.

To be sure :

- you have the latest BIOS version ?

- on fresh windows you have installed the latest chipset drivers (2.04) from AMD website and not from motherboard manufacturer ?

- chkdsk reporter error on disk ?

0 Likes

What is the Make & Model of your Motherboard and RAM MEMORY Part number?

Also GPU you have installed.

0 Likes

They are supported by my mother. there are 2 modules team group night hawk 8 gb ddr4 a 3000 cl-16-18-18-38

0 Likes

Maybe if you open a AMD Warranty Request they might be able to say whether you CPU is defective or not from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

One way to check if a hardware is defective is by installing it in another compatible Motherboard. 

If you install the CPU and RAM MEMORY on another Motherboard and everything works fine that indicates your original motherboard is the problem. But if the same thing occurs in a different Motherboard then you can try and borrow a different RAM MEMORY and see if the same issues occurs.

Try using just one RAM Stick. Sometimes when you install 2 or more RAM Sticks it isn't completely compatible but works fine with one RAM Stick.

If you computer works fine with one RAM Stick then that is the problem you have of 2 RAM Sticks not being compatible on your motherboard.

As you are well aware that MEMTEST or RAM MEMORY Tests just checks to see if the RAM modules are physically good or defective. It doesn't check whether it is compatible or not. But that is the first step is to run RAM MEMORY tests to rule out defective RAM sticks.

0 Likes

This website mentions that error "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" is Memory related and give some good troubleshooting tips: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL – Fix for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 

For error "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" it seems to be more related to a Driver issue, in most cases it is the Graphics driver. This tech site gives some Troubleshooting tips on this error: SYSTEM THREAD EXEPTION NOT HANDLED 

0 Likes
sleepybastard
Journeyman III

Hi,

I had same IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL problem with Gigabyte mobo i managed to fix it by disabling X.M.P profile in BIOS but still set frequency to 2667 Mhz.

pastedImage_1.png

Maybe this could help.

0 Likes