cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

stevecam
Journeyman III

Epyc POST failure

I'm trying to figure out why my Epyc isn't booting, it's a dual 7601, I had a few successful boots on a new motherboard, after a few minutes it crashed and stopped working, I had the board RMA'd and they worked in the new board for a few minutes, then stopped working, RMA'd the board again
it's a Supermicro H11DSi-NT and it has been tested, apparently the board isn't doing anything wrong but I'm still a little confused about why this is happening, anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Ask you question at a more appropriate AMD Forum, AMD Servers GURU which deals with EPYC processors and connected hardware from here: https://community.amd.com/t5/server-gurus/ct-p/amd-server-gurus

Screenshot 2021-02-26 095008.png

By the way, what type of Motherboard errors are you getting when it wouldn't boot up? 

Does it indicate what hardware is at fault?

Are you using the compatible recommended Hardware like RAM and SSD/HDD etc from SuperMicro Support?

0 Likes

It is just a blank screen, and thank you for the suggestion

The IPMI says snooping code is ff that is about all I can diagnose

0 Likes

When you clicked on the link you got a blank screen?

If so try the link again or go to the top where the large AMD with the slanted upward pointing arrow is and click on "Communities". At the very bottom of the long list is SERVERS GURU.

Click on SERVERS GURU and it should take you to that AMD Forum to ask you question.

0 Likes