Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

EPYC is too dang High!

Jump to solution

Yeah i`m complaining about the price.What ever happened to The average customer has around $150 to $300 dollars? Well here is the 12 core at $800 an the 16 at $999.

Dude.Seriously.What happened here? You know perfectly well Intel charges 3 times what a processor is worth.$999 is way way too much.An i know you guys are working on building up your money again an i am for that.But yeah i want to use the 16 core.

That is way way out of my price range.If i wouldn't pay $1000 for an Intel or Nvidia part.What the heck makes ya think id pay that much for an AMD part? Please consider lowering prices.If you are not selling a lot from the first 2 months.Please drop prices down by sales please.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: EPYC is too dang High!

Jump to solution

Because the people buying EPYC are not the "average customer". EPYC processors are professional series processors intended for professional tasks. Machine learning, AI, and high end workstations, the realms dominated by Xeon processors for the last 10 years, where programs exist which can take advantage of a large number of logical cores. Ryzen processors are for the "average customer".

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

dah faq ...? if you need an epyc cpu . you definatley have the cash. since your running a server. games use 4 cores maybe more someday..

take a 300$ cpu runs half the performance of ryzen double it 600$ they were 500$ ... now epyc is 2 of those double that 1200$ but 999$ you saved 200$ ..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Because the people buying EPYC are not the "average customer". EPYC processors are professional series processors intended for professional tasks. Machine learning, AI, and high end workstations, the realms dominated by Xeon processors for the last 10 years, where programs exist which can take advantage of a large number of logical cores. Ryzen processors are for the "average customer".

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

AMD Threadripper 1900X Could Be The "Entry-Level" 8 Core 16 Thread Threadripper Variant | SegmentNex...

There is a rumor that AMD will release a $549 1900X with 8C/16T and ship with an AIO liquid cooler. Would be interesting if it is true, as you're talking very little difference between a top end X370 based motherboard, such as the Crosshair VI, and an 1800X as it does not ship with a cooler despite the $100 price premium over the 1700X.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

Ugh.Fine.But i want to see a basic consumer base within 3 years.Something that after destroying Intel's  dual cores an four cores we show we are still innovating at cheaper prices like 12 cores at only $200.00 within 3 years Maybe 4.But 4 years is a really long time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

You mean like  AMD Zen 2 With 7nm and Zen 3 With 7nm+ CPU Architectures Confirmed​? There is little more innovation which can be done with a CPU besides increasing IPC and decreasing power, the innovation is going to have to start coming from software developers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

OH! Thank you Black_zion.Yes.That! CHEAPER!!!!!!!

0 Kudos