cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

foufos
Adept I

Entry AM4 CPUs

Well, looking my options on my dad's entry pc build which is mostly for browsing BUT there is no AM4 CPU currently on my country below 90-100$ (even Athlon)...

On the other side , just seeing the latest Intel Alder Lake Celeron at 65$ with intergrated GPU also, that is a "check mate" over there by intel and the reason my dad's build will be with intel inside!

So either AMD has fooked up completely on entry level CPUs or became too greedy to lower their price tags on lowest CPUs like Athlon Series to even compete Intel!

0 Likes
1 Solution
hlaks
Adept I

It's sad even the Ryzen AMD Ryzen 3 3300X is basically unavailable.  I almost used it for a build but do to it being quite a bit more than msrp it wasn't worth it.  I think they should release the Ryzen 3 5300g that would be a good entry level processor with integrated graphics.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Your money, your choice. 

What a useless thread post.

Then again, maybe your a wannabe spammer testing the water.

Goodbye.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I get it, u are the smartass here but what a useless answer it is indeed...

I'm just saying that even as i love being an AMD fanboy , the choices on entry lvl CPUs are horrible and AMD should find fast a solution over there...

tenzo23
Elite

Don't blame AMD for their current prices. Blame crypto, covid, and inflation. It's good that Intel is finally competing because it'll help bring prices down.

I wanted to build my parents a new PC with a new Athlon 3000G and my older B450 motherboard and 8GB of RAM, but right now the 3000G still sells for $90-100. If it goes back to around MSRP price of $49, then that would be my choice compared to the Alder Lake Celeron.

/sig Fun guy.

Does it needs to be AM4? Does it need to be brand new?

If you really want to use the board grab a used Ryzen 5 2600 and a cheap GPU like RX560 and you got something that can be used even for light gaming for 200-250.

something basic? Grab a used Ryzen 3400G.

If you really want brand new and cheap sub-100, get the Athlon 300GE, but don't expect much more than light browsing.

Make sure that you equip the computer with an SSD or you are done for.

The Englishman
0 Likes

I'm an AMD fanboy, writing on AMD forum then obviously i want to point out that there is a huge problem on Entry lvl by AMD which destroys her...

Of course buying a used CPU isn't an option...WHY the hell will i buy a used CPU (BTW, even used 3400G heree is above 100$) when competition offes a new celeron or pentium with less money new?

Is AMD going to do in that category soon or should i move on with the competition?

0 Likes

@foufos 

No info on what your dad pc is, why upgrade needed, what country you can buy from , and are you comparing similar spec/rating ?

Depending on what pricing your seeing, why is it AMD fault. given the past 2 years of covid, lower workforce, production, higher costs related, then shipping, custom taxes. Yes many retailers pumped the price.

Call me a smartass, fine, but what does it say about you not knowing the economical/labour/production slowdowns/costs and the follow on effects that every country has increased prices.

Still stands that your first post is utter garbage and just a troll post.

But go ahead, buy a intel cpu, new motherboard, and possibly new memory sticks. hows that cost looking now. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

So you got a am4 mobo (first cost saving), how hard is it for you to read reviews/compare cost, performance between the options.

Then you go with what you think is better, total cost/perf.

And yes, intel has lowered prices on all their cpu models, so a true price comparison would have to be the original  sale price of both equal models. 

Come up with actual spec/price comparison arguments and you might have a legit case of point.

0 Likes

No, AMD has no new entry level AM4 CPU's.  And I've seen nothing on AM5's roadmap to indicate they will have any entry level desktop CPU's, at least not in the near future.

Intel's lower end Alder Lake CPU's are excellent (so are the higher end ones, if you overlook their power consumption numbers).  AMD has no answer for them.

Bit of advice: don't be a fanboy.  Buy whatever best suits your needs for your budget.  For the past few years, it's been AMD.  Prior to that, it was Intel.  Now the pendulum has swung back in Intel's favor.  History is cyclical, study the past 40 years of computing history and you'll see.  Same with Nvidia vs. AMD.

Also, this is mostly a user to user support forum.  Nobody at AMD is going to read your complaints here and make new low end CPU's in response.

0 Likes

No need for name calling. I didn't mean any offense.

But obviously Intel will undercut their launch prices to regain some of the market share they lost.

Prices will continue to fluctuate and hopefully things will settle down to a reasonable level.

I'm not against Intel. I have an old laptop and PC with Intel processors. I always look for the best price to performance ratio no matter the brand.

As for advice, since you already have an AM4 motherboard, it's a shame you can't find an AMD processor that's available to you. If you can't wait for prices to fall, by all means go with the Intel CPU and MB combo. Simple as that!

/sig Fun guy.
0 Likes
hlaks
Adept I

It's sad even the Ryzen AMD Ryzen 3 3300X is basically unavailable.  I almost used it for a build but do to it being quite a bit more than msrp it wasn't worth it.  I think they should release the Ryzen 3 5300g that would be a good entry level processor with integrated graphics.

Indeed something like that 5300G would be a great option BUT there is no claim yet regarding any entry real AMD CPU!

0 Likes

In fact there is a 5300G chip, even if its just OEM and AMD won't directly sell it to you, you can still get it.
In fact, a whole computer can be bought with that chip for just 490€ depending on the market.

https://www.coolmatica.pt/store/mini-pc/86145-mini-pc-msi-pro-dp20z-5m-amd-ryzen-3-5300g-8gb-ddr4-25...

I can even get the used CPU (5300G) here where I live for under 70€

SO.. the reason to buy used is, you can get great inexpensive deals. But hey!
I understand

If you don't know what you are doing, its best not to buy used..

Since my earliest advice was not good for you, let me give another, be more mindful with your replies here on the forums.

The Englishman
0 Likes

So the advice u gave me was either to buy a whole new PC or find a used 5300G (BTW, there are ZERO used product shops anywhere in my country!)

Seriously, are all in ur family SO clever...

Have u even thought that might have done a small research for those options even if there are horrible options!

I don't need any non useful advises, all i want is if we have any info regarding any upcoming new entry lvl CPUs from AMD below 80-90$ and soon?

0 Likes
SocratesGS
Adept II

The current state of hardware availability is dismal... if you can wait to buy hardware, I would do that. Between the supply chain issues and the hardware scalpers it's not a consumer friendly time to build a computer.

0 Likes

Since you've opted the offensive way with your posts, let me help you out in another way.

New advice: Go and play with your toys in your room and leave the grown ups in the forums.

You have no place here with that bratty kid attitude.

And it looks like I'm not the only one thinking that. Go figure.

@goodplay wrote:

Still stands that your first post is utter garbage and just a troll post.

The Englishman
0 Likes
kheper
Adept II

The Athlon 3000G is available for $100 or less on Amazon and Newegg.

2 cores. 4 threads. Vega 3 Graphics.  Zen+ architecture. Picasso core.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-athlon-3000g

https://www.techpowerup.com/cpu-specs/athlon-3000g.c2243

Ryzen 5 Pro 4650g, ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac, 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz, SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500GB, Super Flower Leadex III Gold 850W
0 Likes

First of all, on my country Amazon and Newegg are not supported...

Secondly, even 100$ for a browsing cheap PC is still expensive when competition offers Celeron at 55$ (almost half price).

So, yep AMD has lost the entry train entirely but what makes me dissapointed most is that AMD had always been more "reality" price tags but greed is greed!!!

Same happened with 6500XT , gave garbage product to gamers (where actually gpus supposed to be!) and let AIBS sellign that card for double price.

So dissapointed by AMD

0 Likes