Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

matko
Adept II

Enabling SMT leads to a BSOD error

Please help !

When SMT is enabled, critical errors appear, leading to a"blue screen". When SMT is disabled everything works fine.

I will be very glad of your help !

0 Likes
1 Solution

Guys, in General, when the computer stopped turning on , I took it to the service center, where we replaced the processor and everything works well . However I still do not know what the reason was ,but the important thing is that all ended well ! Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
31 Replies
matko
Adept II

configuration:

Ryzen 5 2600

ASUS b450 TUF PLUS GAMING (BIOS 0409)

RX 580 (8GB)

Windows 10 Home x64

0 Likes
matko
Adept II

I have Ryzen Master, but I don't know how to use it .

0 Likes
matko
Adept II

Ram 16 Gb (2 modules) 2400 MHz

Seasonic m12 520W

Driver Radeon 18.9.2

PC.

0 Likes

matko, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM).  What SW is running when your system crashes?  Is it always the same?  Please open C:/Windows/Minidump/.  If it is not empty, please compress it and post it here.  There are some programs not multi-thread safe.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Снимок.PNG

a minidump was empty, but the last time there is such here an error:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system with SMT may not start at all, or work for a relatively long time.

If you really need a minidump, I can try to enable SMT and wait for an error.

0 Likes

IСнимок4.PNGI turned on the SMT, and waited here is the error that occurredСнимок.PNGСнимок1.PNGСнимок2.PNGСнимок3.PNG

0 Likes

Снимок.PNGHigh performance or Balanced mode for AMD Ryzen ?

0 Likes

Thanks, matko.  Please attach the compressed minidump folder.  The file you pointed to, ntoskrnl.exe, is a Windows kernel file and shows up in almost all dumps.  I doubt it is the error.  I cannot read your language, so the Power Plan screenshot does not tell me much,  The power plan you should be running is Ryzen Balanced.  It comes along with the Chip Set  drivers.  You should make sure you have installed the latest AMD Chip Set drivers DLed ONLY from the AMD Driver DL site.  If you continue to get errors with the latest drivers, then I suggest you contact AMD Online Support.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I already downloaded driver chipset Драйверы и поддержка AMD для Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, гибридных процессоров, процессоров, Ryzen,... , can give another perhaps an important information . The fact is that when I do not use SMT for a long time , and then turn it on , the computer works for an hour, two, and then the error, and the longer I use SMT enabled the more errors.

0 Likes

Thanks, matko.  I strongly recommend you talk with AMD Support.  Please keep us informed.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Okay, I'll keep you posted.

0 Likes

Mostly irql_not_less_or_equal error

0 Likes

And this may be due to the fact that I have not activated Windows ?

0 Likes

My Ram Crusial Ballistix Sport BLS8G4D240FSBK

0 Likes

Checked the memory, all is well

0 Likes

I downloaded the driver on a chipset , then what ?

0 Likes

Снимок.PNG

0 Likes

Снимок.PNG

0 Likes

Sorry , but your language I know little , and not mean to be rude if I asked you to write more clearly and in details ?

0 Likes

Снимок.PNGCan you clear the driver information with this utility ?

0 Likes

Can you describe these actions in more detail or clearly?

0 Likes

matko, here is my recommendation: If you are concerned about drivers etc, then format your C: disk and install a nice fresh copy of W10.  The Media Creation Tool is still providing 1803.  Please DL the tool and make a USB stick.  Be sure to format your C: disk during the W10 install, then install ONLY the AMD Driver Site drivers.  Driver cleaners/removers make me nervous.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Guys, in General, when the computer stopped turning on , I took it to the service center, where we replaced the processor and everything works well . However I still do not know what the reason was ,but the important thing is that all ended well ! Thank you for your help!

0 Likes

I can Supplement the information . I'll start with the fact that with SMT my computer can work, but not for long ,as I said an hour or two. But it happens only in the afternoon or in the morning . That is in the evening or at night with the included SMT he even is not able to include system , and in the afternoon he somehow started it.

0 Likes

А может ли , причиной являться то что материнская плата использует авто-значения для напряжений?

0 Likes

Maybe the reason be the fact that the motherboard uses auto values for voltages?

0 Likes

And I noticed the lack of Windows Update in the Registry (regedit) .And I have all the time climbs window reporting that "failed to install the component (speech Recognition for English)"Снимок.PNG

0 Likes

matko, I have run 3 Ryzen processors with un-activated W10 and no problem with SMT.  I think you need to talk to AMD Online Support.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Today , it has ceased to be included , even there is no possibility to enter BIOS and black screen.

What about the technical support from ASUS, he offered me to reinstall WIndows (I did it many times, so I immediately excluded this option), and if after reinstalling the problem remains, then contact the service center

0 Likes

0 Likes