cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

marce2037
Journeyman III

EDC very high

imagem_2022-11-23_133406193.pngOk, so this problem of mine has been going for quite some time and has been really upsetting since my gaming performance is very damaged because of this. I have constant severe frame rate drops(like from 144 to 10) while gaming and this drop only happens for like 5 seconds and then it goes back to normal like nothing happened. At first i thought it was a gpu problem and I even had it changed during the warranty period, got a new one of the same model but different manufacturer and the problem persisted. A couple days ago I was looking at the AMD adrenalin and noticed the CPU EDC was close to 100% even when idle, and just now during a game download the CPU was at full usage and then fell to almost no use for a couple seconds(like if the processor needed some time to "rest" before going back on). Because of that the experience when idle was similar to the one I said before: screen with low fps and even the music that was playing had a "scratched disk" behavior. Sorry for the long text but I felt the need to explain my problem very weel because I never seen that happen before. I'll send my specs below and some print screens of the graphs of the CPU DURING THE GAME DOWNLOAD

Specs:

Biostar B550m Motherboard

16GB RAM 3000HZ

AMD Ryzen 5600g CPU

Radeon RX6600XT GPU

500W power sourceimagem_2022-11-23_132603382.pngimagem_2022-11-23_133247568.pngimagem_2022-11-23_132919367.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
DimkaTsv_alt
Adept II

EDC is fine and was intended to run at limit.
You can increase limit with PBO custom limits so in some loads you will get tiny bit higher performance but this is concidered overclocking

0 Likes
Migz-DH
Adept II

EDC for that CPU will likely not actually go higher due to a bug that AMD still hasn't addressed in the latest AGESAs.

You might find some relief for your situation by adjusting the Load-Line Calibration limits. Look up Load-Line settings for your CPU and motherboard.

0 Likes